How do you carry out a restore on 920?

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.
Im trying to carry out a restore on my handset. I carried out the backup first then did a factory reset.
I pulled some instructions from the Nokia support site that basically says you simply enter your ms account information during set up and the phone will then ask you if you which backup you would to restore.

Well, firstly, on a fresh reset, when you are asked to input my ms account it can never connect. This may be due to one of two reasons.
1. At the point of set up, the phone hasn't asked for any wifi log in. So it cant use wifi to log into your account.
2. It seems my mobile data network isn't set up either, so the phone cant use my mobile data connection.

So, i have to pick set up later. I go through the rest of the set up process, then when all set up, i register the handset into the ms account..then nothing happens. I cant find anywhere to restore.

Any help most welcome...

Thanks.

fradchad

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. Poor design of the restore feature. I had to redo everything manually just now. Neat trick I found though. Go to the store online and you can reinstall ALL your apps from there. That makes that part easier at least.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. Poor design of the restore feature. I had to redo everything manually just now. Neat trick I found though. Go to the store online and you can reinstall ALL your apps from there. That makes that part easier at least.

going one by one doesn't count xP lol where is the option to restore all apps?

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
1) reset your phone.
2) before setting up your phone, make sure your cellular network is working fine
3) during the first set up, sign into Microsoft account (you must connect to cellular data network to make it work).
4) there will be a prompt to restore. Wait patiently until it finishes. Note you must stay on cellular network during this time period.
5) enjoy.

This only happens at the first set up, if you miss it you need to reset your phone again.
Also, it's not like apple where you have multiple back-ups, and you cannot use another Microsoft account for app store or music store or video store. So..... Choose wisely.

fradchad

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
1) reset your phone.
2) before setting up your phone, make sure your cellular network is working fine
3) during the first set up, sign into Microsoft account (you must connect to cellular data network to make it work).
4) there will be a prompt to restore. Wait patiently until it finishes. Note you must stay on cellular network during this time period.
5) enjoy.

This only happens at the first set up, if you miss it you need to reset your phone again.
Also, it's not like apple where you have multiple back-ups, and you cannot use another Microsoft account for app store or music store or video store. So..... Choose wisely.

But this doesn't work if you use an mvno like straight talk. Your cellular is not active until your done setting up the apn. STUPID design

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
But this doesn't work if you use an mvno like straight talk. Your cellular is not active until your done setting up the apn. STUPID design
WP has stupid designs all over the places. It only restore a small subset of your settings and your app list. It doesn't even restore your start screen. So if there will be any consolations, you are not missing much here.

fradchad

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
WP has stupid designs all over the places. It only restore a small subset of your settings and your app list. It doesn't even restore your start screen. So if there will be any consolations, you are not missing much here.

Well then I guess skipping it was okay. Because my texts and call history did migrate back. And that purchases reinstall trick saved most of the time I was facing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos