Map app search problems? Is it worse than iPhones?

nullreference

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

What has happened to the Maps app and it's search results. I have observed the following:
  • Postcode search results in no results
  • Road name search (without property number) returns pinned places on the road; otherwise if that road has no pinned places no results are returned
  • Road name search with property number returns the correct location

What has MS done to WP!!!!

Anyone else have the same problem?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Road name search (without property number) returns pinned places on the road; otherwise if that road has no pinned places no results are returned

I'm not seeing this.. If I simply enter a road name it finds the road in my city (population 10,000ish). I live on a road that is only a block long and it finds it.. no pins show up on the map.

Postcode search results in no results

If I enter a Zip code, it goes right to the town.

Kamasori

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Im having the exact same problem, it just doesnt know postcodes which is strange cos WP7 did it fine. Now postcode = cannot find destination. It requires a streetname which is so dumb because in the UK we use postcodes more than anything...

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, you guys are in the UK... All those things work in the US. Seems a little weird that it doesn't across the pond since isn't Nokia maps in there now.

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the search is pretty bad, if you don't type it in EXACTLY how it's spelled it doesn't find anything. At least other map apps ask "did you mean XXX?".

Kamasori

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This needs noting by microcsoft, UK directions on the 8x is just broken. Postcodes don't work, and the "you need an app problem" is just really poor :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3