basic music questions for wp newbie

Rioghalmo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm a windows phone newbie and am new to Xbox as well. I'm curios how I'm suppose to manage and store music. I have a windows 8 laptop and i have an Xbox. Should I download on my computer then sync to my phone? I guess I'm just looking for the basics steps one needs to perform to sync to all of my devices.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't seem like you are trying to provide him with an answer fardream. Just a bunch of whiners; whining...

Kelso,

With everything being so new I would advise downloading to your local machine first then syncing them over to your phone. That is the easiest way.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you using an Xbox Music subscription? If so, and have the data capability on your mobile phone plan, just connect and stream music / playlists on your phone. If not, carry out what gsquared explained. Use either the Mac or Windows Connector (or drag and drop through Explorer).

Rioghalmo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
thanks for your replies. I did get a trial subscription to xbox music. I'll download to my computer as suggested and play around with things and see how stuff works. I don't have an unlimited data plan on my phone so I probably wont stream too much from xbox music.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't seem like you are trying to provide him with an answer fardream. Just a bunch of whiners; whining...

Kelso,

With everything being so new I would advise downloading to your local machine first then syncing them over to your phone. That is the easiest way.
that thread in fact provides a lot of information and walk-around. And seriously, is that whining?

Rioghalmo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I added a song on xbox music to my computer then synced it over to my phone via hdmi. it doesn't appear on xbox music on my xbox though. It seems to me that if I add something on xbox music on any windows device that i'm signed into I should be able to play it. On the xbox website it states how you can share music via xbox music seamlessly between 4 devices. I'm going to play with it a little more, maybe I'm missing something. I haven't decided if paying for xbox live god membership and the xbox music service is worth it, based on my experience thus far.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The share XBox music on 4 devices means you can use the same account on 4 different devices.

Just because you have downloaded the music to your PC, does not mean you have downloaded it to your Phone or your actual XBox console.
You have to transfer them to your individual devices; so ya know, they are on there.

That set, as I do not have a console device, I do not know this; but it might be possible for your phone to send songs to the XBox with the XBox Smart Glass?

Rioghalmo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
OK, I just downloaded a second song and kind of figured that out. I downloaded it to my PC then transferred it via the wp app. and it worked nicely. I figured it was a cloud type service and that caused the confusion in the beginning. So now I'll dink around and see if I can transfer it to my xbox. I believe I can do this with the smartglass app on my PC. I wonder why you cant just save the music to skydrive and access it that way? Thanks for your help though and putting up with this newbie. ha ha

Rioghalmo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Xbox Music is cloud connected, automatically syncing your Xbox Music Pass collection and playlists across your tablet, PC, phone, and Xbox 360.**-----from Microsoft website that I looked at before purchasing my 920. I'm missing something and I don't know what. I guess automatically means plugging your phone in to your computer and transferring music manually via the wp app. WTH am I missing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs