Google Play music streaming on WP8?

wp8convert

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Are there any options for streaming music from Google Play on WP8? I tried accessing music.google.com using IE10 on a Lumia 920 at the AT&T store but didn't have much luck - the web app responded very slowly and never actually played any music.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Google has made it clear that they will ensure that their services either don't work, or don't work reliably, on Windows Phone. Any third party app that enables Play streaming will eventually be broken, just as most YouTube clients have been on a regular basis. Sorry.

Time to switch to XBox Music (or a cross-platform streaming solution ala Spotify).

dermotf

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Google has made it clear that they will ensure that their services either don't work, or don't work reliably, on Windows Phone. Any third party app that enables Play streaming will eventually be broken, just as most YouTube clients have been on a regular basis. Sorry.

Time to switch to XBox Music (or a cross-platform streaming solution ala Spotify).
and that's fine with me. I don't want any of their crap on my phone.

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Google makes great apps if your objective about it. I love my Lumia 920 way more than my Xperia TL but the Google apps on the Xperia are awesome, especially Google Play (music) which I have all 10,000+ songs loaded onto.

It's a shame MS doesn't put the same dedication into making apps that Google does. It would be awesome if MS made great apps for their phone. And no, Xbox Music is not as good. I love features of it but it really bugs me that I can't control the upload or matching of my personal library like on Google. It only matches some of my music and usually opts for the edited version. Try listening to edited Tupac... frustrating... MS just overlooks too many basic features. Not a hater, I've used all systems and love WP8 the best but come on MS, step up and invest a billion or two in your app developers and your service offerings, time to catch up!

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

Spotify doesn't work on my Lumia 920

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i purchased both and i can't remember the last time anything happened on the gooroovster front.

cloudmuzik went free a few weeks ago because of "bugs". i don't think they have been resolved yet.

I haven't paid much attention to either because they're too unreliable for someone with a large library.

iziizi

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Where has Google said they won't build for WP8?

Aliandren

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
and that's fine with me. I don't want any of their crap on my phone.

lol stubborn oaf

On topic, i think once HTML 5 gets more widespread even without app support you'll be able to access a lot of flash based web content on WP8. It's obviously not ideal (try pandora now for example) but it would at least sort of work.

dbeattie

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site

Actually Google hasn't done anything to hinder 3rd party apps. Gooroovster and Cloudmuzik are both still being developed. The problem is that it's hard to find time to keep working on them. I continue to work on Gooroovster because I use it myself. I'll have a new version out soon, with lots of improvements including offline listening.

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually Google hasn't done anything to hinder 3rd party apps. Gooroovster and Cloudmuzik are both still being developed. The problem is that it's hard to find time to keep working on them. I continue to work on Gooroovster because I use it myself. I'll have a new version out soon, with lots of improvements including offline listening.

That's great to hear. Glad to see you're still working on it. Won't mind paying for it if you will keep doing so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss