need email help/suggestions please

rscaramelo#WP

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from Android to a Lumia 810. I'm very pleased.

I have 2 email addresses using my domain. With Android I had the email forwarded to GMail. On the phone and on the webmail site there is a drop down menu where I can select where the email is "coming" from. Pretty easy.

With my Outlook.com account I can also do this but I don't think this is an option on WP8.

Is there a way to do this? Is there an alternate email client app?

I'm flexible with where I can forward these emails. I would be fine forwarding them to 2 different places as long as I could make it "from" each address.

Anybody have a solution for me?

thanks!

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Why not just set up each account on your phone. I currently have 5 email accounts on my phone. I can even link associated email accounts and get to them under one tile.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
When you link your inboxes, when you go to create a new email on the phone, it will pop up a screen to ask you to select which account to send from.

rscaramelo#WP

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The only issue with this setup is that I now forward everything to gmail and in gmail have the "from" options. Outlook is an option here too. The one way I see to handle this on this phone is to separate the 2 "from's"/personalities. I buy the domain from godaddy and can just do my email through their webmail instead of forwarding it to gmail or outlook. I can set it up as two accounts. I do prefer having everything go through one place like a gmail or outlook however. Do I have any options here?

rscaramelo#WP

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Think I found the solution. I am trying on trial a Fastmail account. I can forward the mail there with a couple of "personalities". I set up 2 accounts on the phone where I can set up the account but only one is checked routinely. Looking good so far.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3