Backup feature

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody actually done this yet? I was wondering just in case if I ever have to hard reset my phone.

Curious if it works as promised with the SMS being back upped, and the start screen and apps being redownloaded.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
it doesn't save your start screen nor does it download apps automatically. It gives you a list that you can tap and have those apps redownload. I was just looking into that too.

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I cant find a way to restore from backup. The Nokia way they recommend on their technical site just doesn't work

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Yep have done it 2x,

Email accounts are configured to go
SMS are restored
Photos and videos

Can't vouch for apps or their settings

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Just did this last night. After the phone rebooted it did start downloading all my apps automatically. The only hiccup was that I had to re-do my wireless stuff. If nit I would've done my downloading all through cellular data connection.

None of my game settings stayed though. Had to start angry birds star wars and mirrors edge all over.

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my handset must have a fault because it just will not connect to the ms account during setup. I have to pick skip and then set it up once its on the WiFi.

My handset is an unlocked one with an O2 sim.. Do you think having the EE sim means it sets up over mobile data connection at the startup routine? Perhaps o2 network isn't set to activate itself until further into the handset registration process...

It would be good if they changed the set up routine to ask for a WiFi password at the beginning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon