Episodic TV sync

cappo660

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi all - hopefully someone has a few pointers to get me started on this...

On my old Windows Phone 7 I had ripped TV shows configured in Zune. I had the season information, episode numbering and descriptions set up, and these synchronised nicely to the phone with the ripped TV appearing in the TV page, broken down into seasons and then episodes (ordered by episode number.)

Along with podcasts (there's already a thread for that) this appears to have gone. Everything appears in the 'all' page with just the episode title. I've tried using iTunes and setting up the metadata again, but when the desktop sync tool copies the files to the phone the same thing happens - there's just the episode title, with no sorting or categorising. Windows Media Player seems to spot the files as TV, but the phone still counts everything as vanilla video.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to to rename the ripped TV files so they at least sort correctly... yuck.

Has anyone encountered this and / or got some suggestions for a starting point of getting back to where I was with Zune (other than taking the phone back to the store and going back to WP7!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077