WP8 Newbie Tips

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I like pausing the music playback by unplugging the headphones ^_^ especially handy when not having a handsfree headset and don't want to wake the phone

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Before pinning a web page to the start screen, zoom in to a recognisable area (such as a company logo). The tile you make will then show the zoomed image instead of an indistinguishable mini page. Using the 'WebApps' app from the store is even better, but you'll want both options available.

Knight018

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to disappoint, but I think it acutally turns on regardless on how You're turning it or how it was lying before.. :)

Say it isn't so. D: Well then someone should get on implementing my feature asap. Should be easy to register a flip with the gyro, and could prevent any funky business when it turns on in your pocket. Unless that's already safeguarded with the proximity sensor. Hmm...

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Had a quick scan through and hadn't noticed it mentioned, but something I get a kick out of is swiping away toasts when I'm busy doing something.

Malron

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Detailed notification on the lock screen doesn't seem to work with me. I tried different apps and the problem persisted with all of them. Also, I did a soft reset with no avail. Any help?
My phone is lumia 920.

Malron

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Detailed notification on the lock screen doesn't seem to work with me. I tried different apps and the problem persisted with all of them. Also, I did a soft reset with no avail. Any help?
My phone is lumia 920.
Never mind that. Problem solved. True n00p here.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Say it isn't so. D: Well then someone should get on implementing my feature asap. Should be easy to register a flip with the gyro, and could prevent any funky business when it turns on in your pocket. Unless that's already safeguarded with the proximity sensor. Hmm...

there will be flip-to-silence with a future FW for Lumias (I think), but this would be neat.That trick with prx. sensor worked nice with my old chamo 5530. Had an app that would unlock the phone automatically when pulled out of a pocket :)

marciocattini

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For those with multiple language keyboards if you hold down that eng key you can select between multiple languages, that seems dumb for people with 2 keyboards say english and spanish, but add a third one and things change completely :)

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
HTML5 enabled music sites, e.g. Grooveshark use the music player API -> can play in the background (under lockscreen or different app) -> music streaming with no app required :)

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The Games Hub doesn't display notifications if you have tile notifications enabled on your games individually. Therefore, if you want a unified experience, disable tile notifications on all your games and have the Games tile handle it.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
-Listens to music and displays the name.
This feature is accessed by the following:
1) From Home screen, press the SEARCH (bing) button on your phone.
2) On the bing screen, press the musical note icon.
3) Let it listen and it will find the song for you.

:D

I Had this option but i don't see it anymore :(

Wonder what happened to it

I don't have this option. Could it be that it is limited to certain regions?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The camera defaults as 6MP. This stretches the final image. Set 8MP as the default by going to photo settings, resolution, 8MP, save. This makes photos the way they should be.

Justin429

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
You can create your own ringtones by editing any MP3 or WMA file you have. Save a segment that is 30s or less to the phone, and it will be available as a ringtone!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes