WP8 Newbie Tips

Justin429

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
If you install multiple languages in your phone such as English and Spanish, when you switch between the different keyboards, Windows Phone will also switch dictionaries. Because of this, the auto-correct and auto-suggest features will work for the language of the current keyboard. The beauty of this is that once the various languages are installed into your phone, it's instantaneous to switch between the keyboards. There is no lag while the new keybaord is initialized.

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You can create your own ringtones by editing any MP3 or WMA file you have. Save a segment that is 30s or less to the phone, and it will be available as a ringtone!

You can just copy any mp3 to the Ringtones, You're referring to WP7.x, and forgot to mention You have to change the Genre to Ringtone :)

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Notifications usually comes on top; You can swipe from left-to-right on the notification window to close it instantly.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Press the volume button tap on 'Vibrate + ring' and you'll put the phone on vibrate mode
When an alarm is on, press any volume key, it will snooze (Please try it on your own)

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
If your calendar shows your Facebook events, this may be obvious, but clicking on said event is the same thing as clicking on the event on Facebook; you see the wall, who's attending, and the event information.

creative420

May 22, 2013
Visit site
How do I select multiple contacts if I want to delete'em? Tried doing it, but in vain. Also, it would be awesome if someone can suggest a cool funky case for L720. And the last thing, should I get a screenguard for CGG2 glass? It's my first upgrade from a low-end android phone. So please bear with me :)

OberstDanjeje

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
How do I select multiple contacts if I want to delete'em? Tried doing it, but in vain.
I'm quite sure you can't do that (select multiple contacts).
I just bought the Lumia 720 too, I'm waiting for the wireless charger cover, for the screen I'ts better to use a screenguard

ktkirti

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
hey can anybody tell me how to directly download apps on lumia 620 via pc i have already checked the find my phone setting on my phone still it doesnt directly transfer apps plz tell me any solution if u can..

OberstDanjeje

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You can download the app on your MicroSD so you don't need to download form the store (less space used on your rom) or go to the Store from the PC, find the app you like, click install and follow the procedure, that's it, no problem on my L720

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Customize Lock Screen
While it?s been easy to customize your lock screen with static images, WP8 lets you customize the lock screen with app data and/or live tile information. Just go to Settings | Lock Screen | ?Open this app to let it make changes? | click the APP button, go to your app (say the HTC app that includes newsfeeds, weather, stocks), pick the screen you?d like to have as your new lock screen and you?re done. This works for all apps enabled for this feature like music (have your artist display on your lock screen while music plays), Bing (Bing?s desktop of the day), Facebook, etc. Mine is set to HTC?s local weather conditions.

View attachment 23346

On my Nokia 928. I can only select one app to display on the lock screen. Does HTC let you pick multiples?

Also, if these apps are running in the background, it would be safe to assume they are taking battery as well right?

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
On my Nokia 928. I can only select one app to display on the lock screen. Does HTC let you pick multiples?

Also, if these apps are running in the background, it would be safe to assume they are taking battery as well right?

You can only use one at a time - one for the background image, one for the text notification. Music artist while playing overrides the background image app. WP8 thing, not related to manufacturer.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Customize Lock Screen
While it?s been easy to customize your lock screen with static images, WP8 lets you customize the lock screen with app data and/or live tile information. Just go to Settings | Lock Screen | ?Open this app to let it make changes? | click the APP button, go to your app (say the HTC app that includes newsfeeds, weather, stocks), pick the screen you?d like to have as your new lock screen and you?re done. This works for all apps enabled for this feature like music (have your artist display on your lock screen while music plays), Bing (Bing?s desktop of the day), Facebook, etc. Mine is set to HTC?s local weather conditions.

Then how was this lock screen configured? It has weather, calendar and looks like battery all on the lock screen simultaneously.

View attachment 23346

Lumia521

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
How did u get the weather on the lock screen i just got my WP8 and im definitely liking it a lot I Have a Nokia Lumia 521 so idk if it will be possible

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss