- 11-21-2012, 04:52 PM #2
I seriously doubt it. Actual Kindle hardware doesn't even support this AFAIK. Amazon likes their DRM too much. That said, there may be another reader app for WP8 that would allow you to side load ePub. If not, then I bet there will be before too long.
- 11-21-2012, 05:15 PM #4
Sideloading worked on my unlocked LG quantum under tango. I was able to upload books into the apps isolated storage using WP power tools and read them fine in the kindle app. i do the same on my hp touchpad. Just a matter of time until wp8 gets hacked...Nokia Lumia 830
Microsoft Surface Pro 128Gb
HP Stream 7 Signature Edt
HP TouchPad JB 4.4
- 11-27-2013, 09:23 AM #6
I understand the OP's situation, as I have a lot of books from oreilly.com. Yes, they do sideload into Kindle hardware, as philpeeps said. I have not tried sideloading with the Kindle app, though, so I cannot say that it does or doesn't work. What I've done, though, is throw them up onto my SkyDrive, and use Freda to read them. It would be interesting to know if you can read the ePub books with the Kindle app (I can't try it right now, as I'm at work, and my work computer encrypts anything copied from the PC), but I kind of doubt it. It would take extra development to add the ability to read other formats beside the Kindle proprietary format, and given that they don't give you a way to get other books into the app, I doubt that they added code to read other books.
- By Lunaobscurus in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 12-14-2013, 11:15 AM
- By Musicjunkie0210 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 10-26-2011, 02:09 PM
- By PhysicalAttackPhone16 in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 2Last Post: 10-24-2011, 02:07 PM
- By Hussein in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 2Last Post: 08-01-2011, 12:46 PM
- By killerkhatiby009 in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 0Last Post: 07-12-2011, 04:34 PM