I want Zune back

obijuan23

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I truly wish that MS would have just renamed the Zune services instead of starting over, or at least have walked across campus and talked to the people that developed it. XB Music/Video feel too empty in comparison. I've bought into the ecosystem, Surface, Xbox 360 (10 years XBL), WP7 now WP 8x, heck I even have a Zune Music/XBM subscription. But none of it works as well together as it did when it was just plain old Zune.

Maybe it's coming, and I hope it does soon. But it was already there. Seems to me like they just needed to create an RT (metro, Win8 experience or whatever) version of the Zune application. Heck the XBM/V apps are stored in c:\users\username\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe.

I want the old Zune back or at least all of its features.

O J Greene

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I am so glad I found out about this BEFORE I "upgraded" my phone!
won't until it happens!
I can't believe how they have written of their old, loyal customers like this.
Microsoft has really screwed up this time. They had a great user experience with the Zune HD, Zune desktop software,and Windows phone 7.
They only slightly screwed it up when they Changed it to X-box (this in my humble opinion was due to their failure to market Zune) For "brand recognition".
But now they have thrown the baby out with the bathwater.
I do not own an x-box, don't want to and cannot understand what a game play toy has to do with music.
I hope my wp7 don't break. Cause if it does I will loose access to thousands of songs that I have with my Zune pass and will have to go somewhere else. not to the cloud to eat up my data limit as This mess forces. And not to wp8.
I could go on ranting ad-nausium ...I am pissed! but I will wait and see what happens hope they fix it soon.

R42

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I do not own an x-box, don't want to and cannot understand what a game play toy has to do with music.
I

and neither do I.

Then again, they want to make xbox a household name that defines entertainment with this certain approach. Me and you and i know others still have xbox inscribed deeply in our brains which we define as gaming.

Perhaps MS didn't bother to ask a few consumers to what xbox means to them.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
You can't understand what a media device has to do with music? If you think the Xbox is just a "game play toy" then you've been a little lost for a while.

pfroo40

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I like the zune desktop interface, and preferred the old zune music on wp7 to xbox music on wp8. I like the music pass, but the application is frustrating to navigate and doesn't look as good as the zune player. Shoulda just changed "Zune" to "Xbox" and kept everything else the same...

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
+1 the new xbox music is a disaster. the metro app is a joke, the desktop app doesn't exist, and the phone app crashes/stutters with large SD cards of music. They really blew it, they should have just reskinned Zune instead of making this mess.

thegooner

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I truly wish that MS would have just renamed the Zune services instead of starting over, or at least have walked across campus and talked to the people that developed it.
I wondered about this too and then learned that the Xbox Music team are based in Paris. They could really do with flying the Zune team out there for a few weeks to bring Xbox Music and Video up to the same feature levels as (IMHO) the excellent Zune client and services.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I also want Zune back, My music, my media just synced fine... At least they could make it an OPTION as iOS users have iTunes, we should have Zune or Xbox music (what ever they are going to rename the app). Podcasts, Music, pictures were so much better with it...

ZDS2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 4, I have to admit, the hack-job music sync system that they ditched Zune for is pretty obnoxious. It's just glorified copy-paste, and it doesn't even let you select individual songs. Really terrible.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You guys might be surprised that Zune is NEVER coming back and Microsoft believe Xbox Music will have everything Zune had plus more. This thread might be an interesting read from Microsoft support - http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ncomplete-os-but-there-hope-xbox-support.html

Right....so when can I sync with it or even get it ? I know the name Zune is dead and will be gone. Xbox Music is the new Zune, most of us should know that by now. Will Windows Phone 8 sync with it like we could with zune ? That is the big question here... I want to be able to move part of my 30gb of music I have at home on my phone to listen to and not just a copy/paste in windows explorer...just a sloppy way to do it.

I know it's coming but, when and will WP8 support it ?

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
You guys might be surprised that Zune is NEVER coming back and Microsoft believe Xbox Music will have everything Zune had plus more. This thread might be an interesting read from Microsoft support - http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ncomplete-os-but-there-hope-xbox-support.html

I don't think anyone is surprised by that, but then again I also don't necessarily believe a chat log from a support agent is a 100% reliable indication of the future of the platform.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I think when people say they want "Zune" back they mean they want all the functionality that Zune had back. I don't think anyone seriously thinks that the Zune brand will return. I don't think anyone cares if the Zune brand returns. What they (and I) want is the 2 way sync, wireless sync, ratings, podcast management, video support, etc. to return. MS can call it anything they want.

-R

Bryan_J

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I think when people say they want "Zune" back they mean they want all the functionality that Zune had back. I don't think anyone seriously thinks that the Zune brand will return. I don't think anyone cares if the Zune brand returns. What they (and I) want is the 2 way sync, wireless sync, ratings, podcast management, video support, etc. to return. MS can call it anything they want.

-R

And the ability to fix Microsoft's unbelievably bad metadata. Zune's 'add missing metadata' feature was tolerable because if it was wrong, I could correct it easily. XBM...it is convinced that its data is correct even though often it isn't. It also apparently believes that albums are meant to be randomly broken into two.

Or duplicated - but that's another issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros