How horrible is the Facebook app?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For me, it's not. But I don't use FB notifications, I don't want crap from FB pushed to me. I open the app, read my friends updates, post comments, likes, and my own updates, and then close the app. It works GREAT for that. :)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It fills my feed up with all the game crap my friends are playing.... I don't get why as the iOS amd Android apps don't do it. It blows.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you go to the Facebook site and hide all the apps from your feed, they won't show up. I make it a point to nuke any new game whatever that shows up in my feed as soon as I see it.

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Its ok... I pretty much use it the same way iamtim uses it. Notifications take a little while to refresh and for it to highlight/show. It does need a little more work to it!

there are other alternatives - facebook touch

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not horrible at all, in fact, it's great. And how FB is integrated into WP8 is awesome. I had an Android HTC Shift and never used FB on it; I was too tired of the cluttered interface and all the posts from everyone under the sun. In WP8 I created a family account and all their FB updates and pics are located in one nice location.

On an Android or iOS device it may be bad, but in WP8 FB integrates beautifully.

craigy18181

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
i don't think it is horrible but I don't really use it that often to be fair. Does what I need it to do when I need to use it. I don't use notifications because I would just be spammed with garbage so can't comment on that feature.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I want notifications either. As long as I can post stuff to groups, friends and my wall once in a while and rarely read posts on groups I think I will be fine. As it is Facebook is so addictive so this might actually be a good thing. Thanks for all the replies.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Frek

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Personally I mostly use the built in FB under the people screen. If you want to check your feed it's the easiest way. The official app isn't as nice. It's not as bad as most make it out to be either.

prissysox

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a Facebook chat app?

FB chat is integrated with messaging app. As long as your contact has FB info from FB then you just message them. And if they go offline it will switch to mobile and staybin same thread.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You're referring to the instant messaging feature Facebook has right? Is it all instantaneous?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook app is fine, and I'm a fairly heavy user.

Many of the iOS and Android people insist it isn't good enough because it doesn't include features to manage groups, but I don't manage any groups so I don't care.

The other nice thing about it is that it doesn't include the spam from the iOS and Android versions. On my S3, whenever you log in to FB via the "official" app, half of your feed is "Joe likes Citibank. Sally likes Bacardi. Angelo likes American Airlines. Sam likes Samsung." None of that on the WP app.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You're referring to the instant messaging feature Facebook has right? Is it all instantaneous?

Yes the FB messaging is built into the OS via the messages app. I wish they would have built in support for other IM methods like AIM, etc. but maybe it will come in the future. One issue is it lists all of your FB contacts and it doesn't really say who is online or offline.

ealexand#CB

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So I've heard it's horrible but just how bad is it and why?

I like the integrated fb chat. I like how all messaging is in one place.

The only problem is that it works fine when the other person osbon their computer using fb chat, but if they're on iPhone fb chat ot doesn't work for some reason. It shows up on their website messages, bit doesn't do through to the iPhone chat app

ticktock5

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
This is a big concern me for me as well as I use Facebook A LOT

I just want to make sure - if I don't want Facebook IM integrated with SMS I don't have to, right? I really don't want something where I try and text someone and it tries to send it as a facebook message, since you don't necessarily know if someone's online, or even if they are online, if they're at their computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99