Feature inquiry: CSV attachment viewing & searching SMS messages

roaspiras

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I don't have a Windows Phone 8 right now but I want to know if Windows Phone 8 supports viewing CSV attachment now? I have a WP7.5 Lumia 800 and its really annoying not being able to view such file type.

How about searching SMS message? Is this feature supported now? I was able to do it before in my BB Bold 9700 with ease this should have been a default feature for Windows Phone.

Thank you.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
CSV files can't currently be opened from email attachments, or from SkyDrive which I agree is a shame.

It's not possible to search through your sms messages.

roaspiras

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
"Holy crap Batman!" This is what ticks me off. Something so simple and yet it was overlooked or left out for some reason. It's Windows it should open almost anything just like my PC but unfortunately it does not. Searching is also a big thing for me since WP handles history very well and often times you would want to search for a particular message for the reason that you maybe want to forward it to another person or some important information was txted to you before but you can't remember it and you want to retrieve those. Little things Microsoft.... those little things that are sometimes the most important function rather than apps.. apps.. apps. which is BS! I think Microsoft should regroup, refocus and do away with the secrecy thing. I'm amazed that they have not been listening too well on its loyal fan base when WP can simply crush Android easily if they only would listen to the fans and be the old Microsoft and not try to be Apple for crying out loud. Sinofsky's departure could be a blessing in disguise for Microsoft. I do hope that they lay out their plans for WP for everybody to see and not keep it secret because it does so much damage when the secret is revealed and expectations are not met. Hope Microsoft is reading this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz