Contact information not syncing properly

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a particular contact connected to my Live.com account (main one for the phone) for which I've added an email address in my phone. However, I've found that the email address isn't being synced to the contact record on Live.com.

Anyone else found the same behaviour?

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have found that there tends to be a slight delay before it will show up on my Outlook.com account contact. Not sure what the length of delay is, I just know that I do something on my phone, and it isn't there right away... But after a while when I check again, it's there.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm going on 36 hours without contact information being synchronized between Live.com and my WP8 phone.

A manual refresh data button is looking mighty nice right now...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I made the update to this contact a long time ago, just not sure why it's no replicating. Maybe it's because I have two duplicate Hotmail contacts.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Please see next post for a further update.
==========

UPDATE:

I added a new contact to Hotmail

Went to Settings > Email+Accounts > Hotmail changed "Download new content" to every "15 minutes".

Soft rebooted phone

*went to go help someone with some Thanksgiving items that needed my attention.

Came back to the phone and the NEW contact was on my phone; however the existing contact with the missing phone number STILL does not have a phone number and I can see it right there in Hotmail.

...I'm confused :(

In Hotmail I have it setup so that I am ONLY seeing Hotmail contacts so that there can be no mistake that the information is from another source and is not indeed in Hotmail.

Last edited:

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
SOLVED! - I think I finally found the issue...when importing contacts some of the contact numbers were labeled "iPhone". Those contact's numbers were imported as "Other" and do not display on that person's Profile.

Which brings me to the next question...why would there be a field available in Hotmail that when data is present is not visible on the phone?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Huh. Now isn't that weird. I just changed the 'download new content' polling interview, waited for the sync, and took a look at the contact. The previously missing email address field is now there. That didn't happen when I long-pressed and chose 'sync'.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
SOLVED! - I think I finally found the issue...when importing contacts some of the contact numbers were labeled "iPhone". Those contact's numbers were imported as "Other" and do not display on that person's Profile.

Which brings me to the next question...why would there be a field available in Hotmail that when data is present is not visible on the phone?

Good to hear you got it figured out. I'm assuming by the "Other" field you mention you're taking about the one that's displayed when you select a contact within contact list within Hotmail/Outlook? If so, from what I can gather that field is the information that's pulled from outside sources. So for me I have all this extra info that my contacts placed in their Facebook or LinkedIn accounts. On my phone they'll still show up.

Edit: Nevermind. I see what you mean now about the phone number--that is strange. I can only think that it was a field that got overlooked during development.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte