Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask something to the WP8 owners: How is the app compatibility in Windows Phone 8? Do most of the WP7 apps work in WP8? How is the performance of the legacy apps, smooth or laggy? I am going to get a WP8 soon but I just wanted to know :) thanks!

PIN
    No
    Everything I've used so far has been just fine. I've had no lag to speak of.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    There are some that still need to be updated to work as I understand it, but all of the ones I use have been just fine so far. They run as smoothly and as fast as they did on WP7 or more.

The only one I had trouble with was the Kindle app which kept crashing, but Amazon updated it quickly, within a couple of days and now it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewkim789 View Post
    Hey everyone, just wanted to ask something to the WP8 owners: How is the app compatibility in Windows Phone 8? Do most of the WP7 apps work in WP8? How is the performance of the legacy apps, smooth or laggy? I am going to get a WP8 soon but I just wanted to know :) thanks!
    The performance difference is notable. Apps load faster and aren't laggy at all from my experience. It really is night and day

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Many WP7 apps load so fast now that you don't even get to read the splash screen. In app scrolling on the few apps there were laggy works great now, though some WP7 apps still take time to resume. I've had a couple crash on me, but those were mostly games which weren't updated for WP8. Overall it's very impressive and I look forward to seeing how certain apps perform when made to work under WP8. There's a few apps I used on WP7 that aren't available and therefore not yet compatible, but again, its mostly games, and everything I really care about is available and works great.
    Microsoft Store employee; opinions are mine.

I'm on the Twitters.