Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I know I can check this in my settings but maybe there are apps that use the lock screen that I haven't installed on my phone. I'm currently using Bing although it doesn't seem to update everyday like it should.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Bing updates every day. The problem is, it is 1 day behind of the actual bing image. So, if you manually put bing on your startscreen it will show the image from today, but will not update tomorrow. But, in 2 days it will update normally (keeping in mind, it is still 1 day behind the of the actual bing image!).
    To your question: facebook works and i think CNN works also.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I tried facebook on the lock screen and it wouldn't update. Right now I have my email on the lock screen this way I can see if anything important comes in.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    Baconit will support it in the new 2.5 version. You can also change wallpapers from any sub reddit!
    Sent from my {Lumia 800} using Board Express

I tried some news apps like CNN but they only give you a picture with no headline so that's a bit useless. I think ESPN will be the first really useful one once it's updated.

Bloomberg app. It will show the watch list. Quite decent.

Angry Birds Roost does it too.
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiti Bob View Post
    I think ESPN will be the first really useful one once it's updated.
    Hopefully that update is soon, as the live wallpaper was pretty prominent in previews, and the live tile is non-functional.

Quote Originally Posted by mpelti View Post
    Hopefully that update is soon, as the live wallpaper was pretty prominent in previews, and the live tile is non-functional.

The ESPN app from Nokia Collection is pretty good. It isn't limited to JUST one team like the regular Sportscenter app is. I got updates yesterday from the Cowboys-Redsksins game and the Napoli soccer team.

The only downside (with all those apps) is that it is limited to updating every 30 minutes or so. For example, the ESPN Nokia App is still reminding me that the Cowboys lost 38-31 yesterday...
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post
    The ESPN app from Nokia Collection is pretty good. It isn't limited to JUST one team like the regular Sportscenter app is. I got updates yesterday from the Cowboys-Redsksins game and the Napoli soccer team.

The only downside (with all those apps) is that it is limited to updating every 30 minutes or so. For example, the ESPN Nokia App is still reminding me that the Cowboys lost 38-31 yesterday...
    I had pretty much dismissed that one, because it only gives a "top scores" scoreboard, most of which I don't care about. I'll give that live tile a try, with some ncaa fb teams to test.

Yeah, just add in your 'own teams' to the drop down menu in the app itself - those are the ones it'll show you.
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.