Zune software with Windows Phone 8

Matthew49

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought an HTC 8x and although I have Windows 8 and the sync software works fine, I would like to also use the desktop Zune software. The reason is that Zune allows you to add podcasts whereas the Metro app does not. Zune doesn't recognize my 8x, am I doing something wrong or what is the deal here?

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, Zune does not work with Windows Phone 8. People have said you could use windows media player or the proprietary software to drag and drop files. That being said, I'm not sure if podcasts can be synced right now. Someone more knowledgeable will know. Hopefully they support the feature soon with a software update.

To be honest, I loved syncing with Zune. It was so much easier and streamlined

Matthew49

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't even care about syncing, but it is not possible to add a podcast by RSS url via the phone app, and Zune was the way you could do that. Now I'm going to miss out on some podcasts that aren't in the directory.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
What I miss the most about the Zune software is that it allowed you to add (up to 3) devices to your account.

For example, I had my wifes WP as a device, and even though she could not directly download music to her phone, she could have synced all my subscription music with Zune. And because it was a device authorized in my account, she could have listened to all the synced subscription music.

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
What I miss the most about the Zune software is that it allowed you to add (up to 3) devices to your account.

For example, I had my wifes WP as a device, and even though she could not directly download music to her phone, she could have synced all my subscription music with Zune. And because it was a device authorized in my account, she could have listened to all the synced subscription music.

I agree. My wife and I had the exact same arrangement and it worked well. Now I'm hoping for a family Xbox music pass similar to what they do for Xbox Live.

WillBrown

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Wish I had read this 10 minutes ago... So you can't download music with Zune pass on WP8? :unhappy:
You can download music using XBox Music Pass which is the rebranded name of the Zune pass. A lot of the music that you previously downloaded from Zune will not play on your WP8.

rwburnham

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly why I am going to hold off on getting WP8. Abandoning the Zune software is a terrible move. They could have at least rebranded the software and retained functionality. Or give us something that has the same functionality. Their current methods of managing media in WP8 are not sufficient.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...I specifically downloaded, installed, tested, and used the Zune software on my Windows 8 laptop. Who said it's not compatible with Windows 8?

bovcrx

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
May I suggest using Spotify? 10 bucks a month and it's unlimited. Stream or download to phone for offline use. I used it on 7.5 but dont know if it's made its way to 8.

Sent from my Note II with a WP8 theme

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been using windows media player to move my playlists, I know nokia released a podgrabber app, I am sure there are others out there

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I urge everyone to research the topics mentioned in this forum, further. There is misinformation in the posts above. For instance:

"ZUNE (now Xbox) Music Pass" DOES work on my Verizon Lumia 822. The features, in my opinion, are better and more, and less money than Spotfy.

Podcasts DO Work on my phone using the built in "Xbox (formally ZUNE) Music + Video" app. I can search, download, subscribe and listen, to podcasts that I download, stream, and that download automatically as a result of subscribing.

Yes, the great and wonderful ZUNE PC software is still amazing and works on Windows 8.1 PCs and Tablet PCs (on the desktop).

There is some sort of syncing, that I haven't figured out yet, but play lists created on my phone show up on my Xbox 360 counsel along with the songs? I need to check this further? I know that a video I purchased on my Xbox 360 counsel, now shows on my phone, and I have watched it?

I wish Microsoft would fix the ZUNE PC software to Windows Phone 8 Syncing!

Best Wishes, No Worries.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I urge everyone to research the topics mentioned in this forum, further. There is misinformation in the posts above. For instance:

"ZUNE (now Xbox) Music Pass" DOES work on my Verizon Lumia 822. The features, in my opinion, are better and more, and less money than Spotfy.

Podcasts DO Work on my phone using the built in "Xbox (formally ZUNE) Music + Video" app. I can search, download, subscribe and listen, to podcasts that I download, stream, and that download automatically as a result of subscribing.

Yes, the great and wonderful ZUNE PC software is still amazing and works on Windows 8.1 PCs and Tablet PCs (on the desktop).

There is some sort of syncing, that I haven't figured out yet, but play lists created on my phone show up on my Xbox 360 counsel along with the songs? I need to check this further? I know that a video I purchased on my Xbox 360 counsel, now shows on my phone, and I have watched it?

I wish Microsoft would fix the ZUNE PC software to Windows Phone 8 Syncing!

Best Wishes, No Worries.

Which country do you live in, here in the UK we don't have podcasts as an option!!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I really don't suggest to use the metro app, it is very limited. I suggest to download the windows phone for desktop application, as it is a lot better than the metro one. Not as good as Zune, but better than the metro one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12