Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Keckpec29

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Anyone notice that the artist image on the music + videos tile fades away when music is paused or not playing?

In WP7 the image of the last artist remained whether music was playing or not. It's a shame because the WP8 live tile looks really good. Is everyone experiencing the same thing with the image going away, or am I missing something in the settings?

Using the 920 if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Its a part of windows phone 8 unfortunately 😒. I agree the live tile with the artist pic was a way better live tile choice than fading to that hideous green.... Maybe they'll change it back if enough people request it
    Thanked by:

I would love it to flip through all my album covers or do a "peoples" tile rendition of them.

I don't notice it on my 920. I have the small icon. But when I had it big I remember not liking it as much as my HD7.
    Last edited by WPmunkey; 11-23-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: misread post

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Agreed , would like some sort of animation while paused / stopped. The live tile looks great.

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    Having an option to switch between the plain looking headphone icon, playing now cover and an album cover mix (like the people tile) would be nice.

I have the Music tile in the smallest state because right now it's useless to have it bigger.

I would just be happy if WP8 would read the album art in the metadata without having to to enable the XBox music store disaster.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response. Bummer that it's a complete change from WP7. Would people be interested if I make a feature request on the official WP request page?

The request would be to make the live tile art remain even when paused.

I would certainly be interested. I currently have the tile on doublewide as I love the way it looks. I can live with a massive green tile while no music is playing - I find it helps keep the Start screen from looking too cluttered, and breaks up my other live tiles, but it would be cool if it kept the art and fancy sliding text. 😵

How do you get the tile to show the album cover? Mine just shows the artist and song name scrolling in an ugly grey color when a song is playing. I didn't use the windows phone app preview to sync my music because it is terrible. I just drag and dropped into the music folder. Also I have connect with xbox music and cloud turned off but even if I turn it on, it shows ugly grey.

Quote Originally Posted by renster721 View Post
    Anyone notice that the artist image on the music + videos tile fades away when music is paused or not playing?

In WP7 the image of the last artist remained whether music was playing or not. It's a shame because the WP8 live tile looks really good. Is everyone experiencing the same thing with the image going away, or am I missing something in the settings?

Using the 920 if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help.
    A lot of features are broken with this music service (honestly speaking it doesn't have that many features to begin with). I nnoticed it on day one, but it's far less annoying than syncing and creating playlists

found an amazing app for you guys!!! it downloads missing album art and atrist images for the live tile!!!!!

MPAtool | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
    Quote Originally Posted by luk3ja View Post
    found an amazing app for you guys!!! it downloads missing album art and atrist images for the live tile!!!!!

MPAtool | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
    This doesn't keep live tile with album art instead of hideous green though :s