Can't log into Google Talk on IM+

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm using an HTC 8x and cannot log into my Gtalk account with IM+. I'm including the "@gmail.com" in my username. I also tried with "@googlemail.com". Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Sent from my HTC Windows Phone 8x using Board Express

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an HTC 8x and cannot log into my Gtalk account with IM+. I'm including the "@gmail.com" in my username. I also tried with "@googlemail.com". Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC Windows Phone 8x using Board Express

Get rid of that and get MetroTalk instead. Its alot nicer.

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Isn't MetroTalk only for Google Voice? I'm trying to get Google Talk (IM) working.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've read of other issues where Google will reject the connections because when you connect through IM+ you are connecting to the IM+ proxy server, not directly to Google. The IP address used by their proxy servers sometimes gets flagged as suspicious. If you login to google via the web browser sometimes it will notify you of this so you can authorize it. Not sure if that's a problem but its worth a shot.

toddos

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Are you using two-factor authentication on your google account? If so, you need to create an application-specific password for IM+ rather than using your regular password.

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've read of other issues where Google will reject the connections because when you connect through IM+ you are connecting to the IM+ proxy server, not directly to Google. The IP address used by their proxy servers sometimes gets flagged as suspicious. If you login to google via the web browser sometimes it will notify you of this so you can authorize it. Not sure if that's a problem but its worth a shot.

Thanks, this worked!

dejv88

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Are you using two-factor authentication on your google account? If so, you need to create an application-specific password for IM+ rather than using your regular password.

Thanks! This worked :)

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem where IM+ just would not log in. I turned off my wifi and just kept trying to log in until it finally went through.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2