Ending aps in resume mode

abhibh

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
That actually is a much needed feature. WP is pretty easy to use like iOS but few things it still lacks the fineness in terms of use.

1. Universal Notification Center (thought with live tiles it partially overcomes the need of notification center). I think on lock screen it will be more useful to see all notifications.
2. Closing background apps from list as you said
3. Universal inbox for all emails + sms + fb messages / notifications + twitter + other apps which want to include for messaging (whats app, skype etc). It actually is pretty helpful and its there in BB.
4. Wifi on sleep mode which is coming soon.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a need to close apps down as the memory management on WP is excellent. I'd rather the OS handled it as app developers don't bother.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, there's no need for app management here as the OS does a fine job, and I'd rather the OS do it than have to think about it. I was tired of task management in Windows Mobile well before iPhone ever got dreamed up.

WiFi on is coming, and notification center was planned but they ran out of time so I'm sure it will come with whatever update is next.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used Skype, but I would think that you could probably open it and disable it or sign out or something. Doing that makes far more sense to me than altering the whole way the OS handles memory management for one app.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How are people going to call you on Skype if all it's threads are closed? It's got to keep something running in the background.

Just guessing here, but I'm thinking he may want to not be disturbed by Skype is why he's asking? Maybe I'm wrong.... But if I'm wrong, then he's going to find out the hard way that no one can call. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb