Pending Podcast downloads

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Seems I'm resurrecting an 'old issue' but I have a particular annoyance that has just recently showed up...

I subscribe to podcasts (not very many) through the Windows Store on my L920. Everything has worked great since I got the phone. But, recently the XBOX Live's Major Nelson Podcast has had the previous two podcasts stuck on 'pending.' "MNR - The early years: Volume 1" and "Borderlands 2 Claptrap Sounds"

I've tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing to the podcasts - doesn't work (though it did fix the Joystiq podcast 'download pending' I was having with that one).

Very annoying and frustrating as the store always says that there are 2 downloads now.

Could it be that the MN 'newest episodes' are tagged wrong as they aren't true podcasts - One seems to be a huge volume of about 10+ podcasts throughout the history of the podcast (so it may be TOO big to download) and the other is a collection of sounds.

Either way, it is very annoying - even if I just answered my own question...

Anyone else experiencing similar things?

geekpryde

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps you have the option turned on to only download podcasts when you are on wifi? If so, and you have not been around wifi long enough to download them, perhaps you get the pending message?

Yakko Warner

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue (coincidentally, it seemed to start with Major Nelson's). I did find that if you tap one of the pending downloads, it brings up a list of all of them, and if you tap and hold one, you can cancel it. But right now, I have about six of them queued up that are just not downloading, including an X-Play video podcast and a couple of HowStuffWorks audio casts.
WiFi downloading is definitely off, but I have the phone connected to my home WiFi overnight anyway.
Fortunately, the podcast I host (completely shameless plug: the Geezer Gamers podcast) hasn't stalled out yet.

Yakko Warner

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
As a follow-up, I went to the first of my pending podcast downloads and canceled it. (I had already canceled the Major Nelson ones; I don't really need to hear the Borderlands sound clips or the first episodes.) Then I went back to the music app, tapped podcast, and tapped on the podcast series whose episode I just canceled (which still held the two prior episodes already listened to), hit the button under "Xbox Music Store" to show all episodes, tapped and held on the top one (which was the very same episode that had stalled out previously) and tapped "Download". It downloaded, and then so did the other audio podcasts that were in a "pending" state. (The video podcast attempted, then it stopped, but it says "Waiting for Wi-Fi" instead of "download pending"; so I'm hoping it'll download when I get home and connect to my Wi-Fi.)

Snoogins34

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
As a follow-up, I went to the first of my pending podcast downloads and canceled it. (I had already canceled the Major Nelson ones; I don't really need to hear the Borderlands sound clips or the first episodes.) Then I went back to the music app, tapped podcast, and tapped on the podcast series whose episode I just canceled (which still held the two prior episodes already listened to), hit the button under "Xbox Music Store" to show all episodes, tapped and held on the top one (which was the very same episode that had stalled out previously) and tapped "Download". It downloaded, and then so did the other audio podcasts that were in a "pending" state. (The video podcast attempted, then it stopped, but it says "Waiting for Wi-Fi" instead of "download pending"; so I'm hoping it'll download when I get home and connect to my Wi-Fi.)

Yakko - you the man... :)

I just posted a "me too!" in the "Anyone having trouble with podcasts?" thread before I saw this. In all my screwing around trying to get it to work, I never cancelled my subscription to Major Nelson's feed, and yes - it seemed to me to have started with that stupid "Borderlands 2 Claptrap Sounds" episode. I was doing all of my testing with another podcast, and just earlier tonight said f*** it, unsubbed from everything, and walked away.

After seeing your post, I decided to re-sub to my other feeds (not Major Nelson's), and those episodes now download fine. I would suggest to others that are seeing this issue to check if you are subbed to MNR, and if so - unsub from that and see how things work for you. In my case, I ended up unsubbing from everything first, but YMMV.

anon(5743667)

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem, but with TED Talks podcasts. I keep cancelling the pending downloads, but they keep reappearing in the download queue. How do I get rid of them for good?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte