Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SwimSwim

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Was just wondering. My WebOS devices had built in printing functionality to HP printers and a way to print through a host PC for non-HP printers. Is there a way to do this with WP8?

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdch View Post
    Was just wondering. My WebOS devices had built in printing functionality to HP printers and a way to print through a host PC for non-HP printers. Is there a way to do this with WP8?
    I own a TouchPad and know what you are looking for. At the moment there is no app to do this. I setup an email address for my HP Photosmart on the HP Printer site and I can send docs, photos, webpages to the printer's email address to print
    https://h30495.www3.hp.com/
    Thanked by:
    pdch 
    Developer

Just as a heads up, I have released an app which enables certain print functionality by using a host PC.

It's called PrintAble and is available on the Windows Store @ PrintAble | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    The server component is @ http://sites.google.com/site/printableserver/

It supports printing of photos and PDF files. Unfortunately there's no way to get at the Office documents yet due to limitations in the WP8 API.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I can't install the server to my windows 8 phone. Says it doesn't support that file format.

KumoPrint can print photos and documents (from skydrive) to a Google Cloud Print printer.

PrintHand is another app for printing, but it works only for pictures.

PIN
    No
    Sadly, not yet, perhaps Windows Phone 8.1/Blue?

It's a real shame, Microsoft boasts the ease of printing on Windows 8, why can't Windows Phone 8 get that same easy print functionality? They share the same kernel, and whilst I know nothing of coding, it shouldn't be too hard to implement, right? All I know is: I want "Print" to be added to the list of options when you select "Share" in apps and such (I.E: photos).
    svenhassel likes this.