Compromise No More (My two cents on what $50 got me)

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
While I have been an early adopter of the windows phone platform for years (buying a Samsung BlackJack, Samsung BlackJack 2, Samsung Jack, Samsung Focus, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 920), I feel like I have FINALLY reached the point of no compromise...and it feels great.

For years I have put up with having to compromise for this and that (lack of apps and functionality). After purchasing my 920 on Wednesday for $50, I can finally say that I am done compromising (for my needs personally).

I have my Chase app. I have my social media apps. I can Skype. I have the games that I care about. I have emjois (odd I know, but finally having them built in is a big deal). I can take screen shots (something that I've always wanted). I have NFC. I have one of the best cameras on a phone today. I have wireless charging. I have a phone that I take off the charger at 8 AM and has more than 20% left by 10 PM that same night (enough for me...and I use the device heavily). I received a FREE wireless charging plate ($50 value). Now I'm getting a FREE set of headphones from Nokia ($90 value).

For $50 dollars (on a two year contract), I received a phone that has all of these features (plus more). While Im sure others are less than pleased with there phone (read it all the time in the forums), this phone for me represents a state of no compromise. I know there might be an app here or there I can't yet get...or a battery that could always last longer...but I am personally giving up nothing by having my 920 over an iphone or android. Again, this is for ME personally, as im sure others are not yet in the same boat.

Its been a long time coming with years of frustration, but I can finally say the 920 is the device that gives me everything I want.

Thanks for reading! I just wanted to share my experience and give my two cents!

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear something like this.

I'm in the same boat. There really is nothing else you can get that comes close to the 920 for the price and features. Free charging plate, free earphones and I even got my 920 for $25 (thanks FAN dsicount)! All the apps I need are available. There is nothing else I need.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Nice to see people posting their positive experiences rather than the trolls griping about WP8s smaller app ecosystem.

My experience has been much the same except that I am disappointed in the support for Canada. We have no easy way to get wireless chargers: amazon.ca doesn't have them, Rogers doesn't sell them and you cannot order them directly from Nokia. We are also not offered the same promotions for free stuff or the same contests. It is mildly frustrating.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 822 on launch day, so no free charging plate or headset for me, but I'm still very pleased with the phone, even though I paid just as much or more than most paid for their 920. I definitely feel no android in the $100 price range can compete with the 8XX series of Lumias.

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Cool story, bro.

I know this is my "story" when it comes to Windows Phone, but these are forums. I think its nice to talk positively about the phone/platform from time to time....especially when there is a lot of negative talk about battery life (etc). Im not saying talking about problems is a bad thing, it is helpful to sometimes take things with a grain of salt. While it isn't perfect (and nothing is), it is a great phone with a great OS. I'm sorry you didn't find my story to be of any interest to you.

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I know this is my "story" when it comes to Windows Phone, but these are forums. I think its nice to talk positively about the phone/platform from time to time....especially when there is a lot of negative talk about battery life (etc). Im not saying talking about problems is a bad thing, it is helpful to sometimes take things with a grain of salt. While it isn't perfect (and nothing is), it is a great phone with a great OS. I'm sorry you didn't find my story to be of any interest to you.

I'm glad you enjoy your phone, but it's exactly statements like "no compromise" in regard to WP8 and the 920 that have to be taken with a grain of salt. But if you are happy with your phone, then that's all that matters.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Nice to see people posting their positive experiences rather than the trolls griping about WP8s smaller app ecosystem.

My experience has been much the same except that I am disappointed in the support for Canada. We have no easy way to get wireless chargers: amazon.ca doesn't have them, Rogers doesn't sell them and you cannot order them directly from Nokia. We are also not offered the same promotions for free stuff or the same contests. It is mildly frustrating.
I feel your pain. I even tweeted NokiaCanada and RogersBuzz, but per usual, heard nothing back.

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Purity ear buds are not free for everyone. You have to have bought your Nokia at a participating store. The nice lady at the Nokia Care Center was kind enough to tell me there were no participating stores here in CT. Do yourself a favor and call before you pay your postage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb