This app is unavailable because your phone doesn't support WVGA....uh WHAT?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
What apps tell you this? It's probably some minor code change that needs to happen in the app to allow it to recognize WP8 correctly.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Counters for one...an app that has NO resolution dependent features.

My attempts above to hyperlink to the timestamp where they say all WP7 apps will run no matter the resolution didn't take...but they said it!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
6HSu2.gif

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Gotta go with you on this one, inteller. On AT&T I can't even see Nokia Transit/Transport and Nokia Counters is nowhere to be found. AOL Entrance not available for my device and using reinstaller app several apps were incompatible. Third party apps I can excuse because of late release of SDK. Nokia and Microsoft should be right on top of this. Yeah... no SplinterCell Conviction or Holdem Poker (both Xbox Live titles). JUST FIX IT!

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
+1 on the Splinter Cell. All other games I had (including The Harvest) were available when I got the 8X, except Splinter Cell. Although The Harvest has disappeared since I re-downloaded it.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it even has to do with resolution. Some apps are just not compatible with WP8. Take TuneIn Radio for example. It's considered a "must have" app that we have for WP7, but is not there in WP8. I still have my old Titan and the app is still in the Store, just not in the WP8 Store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99