Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Just like the title suggests. I don't have the bing recognition software, I'm guessing it's because I'm in Thailand. When I go into bing all I see is Local Scout and Bing Vision, is this normal?

US AT&T 920 definitely has song recognition.

Okay, well which of the two of soundhound and shazam is the better app? Coming from a blackberry I have only used Shazam.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Soundhound is the fastest and best in my experience. The built-in WP song recognition didn't work as well in WP7 on my old Focus. For more obscure music it didn't know the track. Twice I have been in department stores when a cool track came on...not even loud mind you...and Soundhound nailed it almost instantly both times. Shazam takes too long to load and fails sometimes.

Thanks. Any reason why the song recognition through Bing isn't there in my phone?
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    It is because you are in Thailand. Try setting your region to US, hard-resetting your phone and setting it up like you're from the US.

Okay, thanks. I'm not going to hard reset again, I can live with Soundhound for now. But why would song recognition have to be region locked, does not make sense. What's even weird is local scout is there but it lists nothing.

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Soundhound is miles better. It's faster and it can find a song if you sing it yourself. I think shazam can't do that, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    If it makes you feel any better, SoundHound is better than Bing anyway. Bing is good and more convenient but often it fails and I fire up SH.

I have both pinned to my homescreen, on some songs one will fail you but not the other. SoundHound recognises humming too which is neat.
    Last edited by Tahiti Bob; 11-25-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ^ Exactly. Get both for when one doesn't work. Or atleast until you find out which one you like better and which one recognises the music correctly the most often. I do that on my Android phone.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Same here I pinned both I can't say which is better as sometimes they both fail but I do go for Shazam by default.