Closing an App to Allow an App to not run inthe background

Pwnisher

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi All - Is there a sure way to close an app, for example "Nokia Drive" to not run in the background after using it? I used the Nokia Drive app last night, took me to where i wanted to go, hit the back arrow, and the app asked me if I wanted to close the app, and I did.

When I drove home, without using the Nokia Drive app, I heard the notification that tells you when you are driving faster than the speed limit. I then clicked on the Nokia Drive app to see if it was on, and it was not taking me to a destination, so I am pretty sure i hit the home key to get out of Noia Drive. Long story short, when i woke up in the morning, my battery was drained :unhappysweat:. I am pretty sure that Nokia Drive was running in the background the whole night from that point onward.

How do you close an app, and make sure it is close out when you are done using it? I am hesitant on blocking the Nokia Drive app to not run in the background in case I need to multitask in and out of Nokia Drive. All though, the reroute is fairly quick.

Would love to hear how you all do it.

Pwnisher

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean "block", as opposed to close? This is what i have: Settings ->applications -> background tasks -> "block" Nokia drive. I do not see a close option.

Pwnisher

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I did more research, and this is what I found to physically make sure you do not have Nokia Drive running in the background. Like myself - I hope this helps out other people that might have had an app drain the battery.

Link from Nokia site:
Troubleshooting - How can I prevent the battery from draining when using Nokia Drive in my Nokia with Windows Phone? - Nokia - USA

Text:
When not using Drive, remember to exit the application and don't leave it running in the background. Long press the back key to view the applications you have active in the background. Select Drive and exit the application by using the back key.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Pwnisher I was wondering how you do this would be nice if you could just x the app when you are in the app switcher or at least slide the app of the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb