checking .wav voicemails from unity voip?

drewpie

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I am getting told my Lumia 920 can't play the .wavs that my work voicemails are forwarded as. Googling suggests this issue has existed since wp7 and there's no fix. Is this true? Are there really no workarounds? I wanted to confirm here before I go crawling back to iOS, which is something I really, really don't want to do, but voicemails are a mission critical feature for me.

Thanks,
Drew

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I will give it a go tomorrow when I am in the office we have a Unity system as well, odd you would have thought that MS product would have no issue playing back a .WAV.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the codec and how the Unity system is configured but most reports are that it doesn't work. My iPhone still doesn't play the .wavs I get from our system I end up having to dial in to listen to the VMs. My guess is yours probably won't work either.

.wav is just a container format MS created whether things are played back or not depends on the codec being used.

drewpie

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
No, before this, I had an iphone 4 and it was able to play the .wavs from several different unity systems without incident. Quicktime must be much more robust, as I was also unable to get streaming video links to work in WP8 either - that I was willing to wait out, but can't wait out required business functions. I realized I had to return the phone today or i'd run up against AT&T's ridiculous 14 day return policy, so very glumly turned in my Lumia for an iphone 5.

My iphone 5, which looks so very tiny and tile-less in comparison to the Lumia, has the chief advantage of playing my work voicemail without a hitch. I'd suggest everybody upvote this at the MS CS site, in the hopes it gets addressed one day.

WP8 breaks Cisco Unity Voicemail wavs in email

There are some threads in customer support about this, but the last MS response was "those must be older codecs that we don't support anymore, get your IT department to change your recording codec." I'm not sure how i'm going to convince my IT department to change the recording codec when I am likely the only WP8 user in a company of thousands and any changes run the (very small) risk of breaking vm working for iOS and bb devices which everybody else uses.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok so i tried mine today and same issue there is bugger all chance of this being fixed by our Network team seeing as it works on our Blackberies and iOS devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2