Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    2,057 Global Posts
    I've read these are the two best ways to manage music on the 920. Which one are people using? Is one better than the other for making playists and getting them on the phone?

Thanks!
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Currently using Media Monkey...never heard of Music Bee but will have to check it out.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Don't forget you can also use Windows Media Player. It's supported MTP syncing for years, and can sync playlists just fine.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Media Monkey

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm syncing music with Media Monkey but XBOX music changes some albums name. For example it changes a songs album to a Best of and i can't change that.

using musicbee here .. works fine. You won't be able to do song rating on the phone because of the limitation of WP8 standard media player. I personally like musicbee more than Media Monkey because it is just right in the area of features vs. balance vs. ease of use. Plus it is completely free.....

Tried MB, MM and WMP. WMP is far the most simple and least buggy, it Syncs what its supposed to and lists your music as I expect it. Using the Windows Phone Desktop app is next to useless

Anybody find that MB and MM display errors as soon as the device locks?

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to figure out to use MB yet and WMP wants to transfer all my music over rather than just the files I drag to the playlist/sync area. Even ITunes is easier use...any tips for MB? How do I even get it to recognize my phone is connected? Thanks

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastow View Post
    I haven't been able to figure out to use MB yet and WMP wants to transfer all my music over rather than just the files I drag to the playlist/sync area. Even ITunes is easier use...any tips for MB? How do I even get it to recognize my phone is connected? Thanks
    I think I had to download a plugin for MusicBee for it to recognize the Lumia...I could be mistaken.

...took me a few minutes but found MB pretty painless to use except for it picked up all the little sound files in my /Media/Movies/iTunes Extras or something. Had a lot of little files to remove from the interface.
    MediaMonkey has awesome tools for cleaning up MP3 tags and album art. I've used it for years for this purpose alone. It's nice to have another feature that I use it for now.

Have to enable discovery in the Preferences/Options menu I think - I cant remember for sure though as I've un-installed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastow View Post
    Have to enable discovery under preferences/options I think? Not certain though as I've since uninstalled it so cannot quickly check.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NathBird View Post
    Tried MB, MM and WMP. WMP is far the most simple and least buggy, it Syncs what its supposed to and lists your music as I expect it. Using the Windows Phone Desktop app is next to useless

Anybody find that MB and MM display errors as soon as the device locks?
    I find WMP to be incredibly buggy. It freezes or hangs on "getting ready for sync" all the time, locks up itself and the WP8 Manager that automatically pops up too. I'm looking for an alternative.

Old post, but gotta say - MusicBee rocks!

I used to use Media Monkey a couple years back ardently until MusicBee came along and I was blown away by the non-commercial full fledged software. You just have to take some time to customise the GUI based preferences to your taste and syncing with the Lumias is a breeze! I sync it to a 'Lumia' playlist. Then MPATool comes handy to update the Artist image.

I am mildly OCD I guess, because my tracks on the PC are already well tagged with MusicBrainz Picard, Tagscanner, and levelled with MP3Gain. Then MusicBee imports them into an audio folder on the D: drive in a predefined folder organisation.