11-26-2012, 05:54 AM #2
- 2,143 Posts
Text messages are backed up to the cloud. So, the first question would be whether you've set up a Microsoft account and can successfully upload photos to SkyDrive.
try going to SkyDrive.com and log in using your Microsoft account credentials.
also refer to Backing up your stuff | Windows Phone How-to (United Kingdom) for more information.
I don't know why you don't have the option to backup text messages, but there's an implication from your other post that you've not fully set up an account on your phone.
there might also be restrictions based on your geographic location (some Microsoft Festus aren't available in some countries).
01-07-2013, 07:43 PM #3
- 1 Posts
I was searching for where WP8 backs up the text messages on my phone after I've enabled it in Settings -> Backup -> Text Messages when I came across this thread. I have the Skydrive app on my phone, but the messages are nowhere to be found within my Skydrive account.
Searches on the net yielded at least one speculation that it would be saved in a folder within Outlook.com, but nothing there either.
Windows Phone 8 to support SMS/MMS backup to Outlook.com | LiveSide.net
It has been two days since I enabled the feature and my MS account on my phone is set to sync daily.
I greatly appreciate any help you can offer!
- By MichaelBanning in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 02-14-2013, 04:35 AM
- By fraincs in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 06-29-2012, 12:38 PM
- By SB_Pete in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 12Last Post: 02-20-2012, 10:17 AM
- By MadGaffler in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 05-22-2011, 02:13 PM
- By Woogie in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2010, 11:45 AM