Autocorrect - help!

timetex

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
A couple of things... WP8 does not like to correct grammar / capitals in autocorrect - e.g. if you just type "i" (and put a space after it) it leaves a lower case "i" - whereas this is something which iOS always corrected. Anyway to get WP8 to adopt this same behaviour, as it is far more likely I want to type "I" than "i"!!

Also, how can I add words to the dictionary?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can add words to the dictionary by clicking on the word after you've typed it. The word will appear in the suggestion bar with a '+' symbol next to it. Press on the '+' to add the word to your dictionary.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
That's wierd because it works for me on my 822. If I type i, and space, it corrects it to I. Go to Settings, Keyboard, and Advanced and reset the suggestions.

timetex

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
That's wierd because it works for me on my 822. If I type i, and space, it corrects it to I. Go to Settings, Keyboard, and Advanced and reset the suggestions.

I have done the reset. When starting a sentence, it auto caps anyway - so that's OK... but in the middle of a sentence, it still goes with the lowercase "i". :(

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It learns as you use the phone. Mine now offers the capital "I" in the suggestions when I have a small "i" written. It will probably be added as a proper correction at some point I'd imagine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6