Windows Phone... We're not for everybody....

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
You were defending Android? It's a more mature OS than is WP8, and after a several-year head start if it doesn't have fewer bugs and issues than WP8 it's doing it wrong. Does it really need defending?

To answer your question directly, I think its apples and oranges. I would hope that MS would learn from the successes and failures of other mobile OS's and build something that is easier to setup and troubleshoot. That's the easy part... but *every* 1.0 release has bugs, many which carry through to versions well beyond 1.0. Comparing the reliability of a 1.0 OS to a... what's Jelly Bean? 4.1 or something? Of course you're going to have fewer problems on the 4.1 release than you are a 1.0 release. That's just common sense.

It's like saying, "wow, my 5 year old son sure plays baseball a lot better than my 1 year old son does." Well... duh. :D

Then of course here come the complaints about how it's a modern OS and, even if it was a complete rebuild (twice!), that it should do all that and more flawlessly. Except Rome wasn't built in a day. Sure it was great at it's peak and other cities looked destitute by comparison, but you have to start somewhere.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't get how this is a windows forum and some people get upset when not everyone wants to praise android here. About as popular as starting a thread about returning phones. Do you think the android forum loves talking about windows phone? Or would pat people on the back for wanting to go back to wp.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't get how this is a windows forum and some people get upset when not everyone wants to praise android here. About as popular as starting a thread about returning phones. Do you think the android forum loves talking about windows phone? Or would pat people on the back for wanting to go back to wp.

Meh, I dont expect people to "praise android" at all, but some people here just take it to an unhealthy extreme. It's like they are paid to do it.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
There are posts on both sides of the fence. There are those that came from previous devices that prefer the windows phone now. I do believe that there are a few serious posters that prefer their android, but I also think there are more trolls. I came from android and am enjoying wp. On my android, my wifi and 4g would turn on and off for no reason. I'd close an app and would get a white screen with green htc for about 10 seconds. I was more than ready for something new.

Koekjes

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have iOS, Android and WP on several devices. They have all something going for them. I think the WP interface is the most beautiful plus the integration with other MS products. Still somewhat buggy though and lacks some apps (or apps are still not complete or buggy). My iPad is solid as a rock, but the integration with other devices lacks a bit and the interface is so 2010 now. Android is freedom and flexibility and of course has the best integration with Google products. So chose the one you prefer or buy them all ;)

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Its such a non issue. So what if there are people on this forum who hate Android and all those who use it. Big deal? Suck it up, get in the mix and make some posts or let them grind you down and leave the forums.

Its like turning up to a Country & Western party with your best Dubstep albums. The mass majority will probably tell you that your Dubstep is awful and rubbish and you should be listening to Country & Western but if you like Dubstep then put it on the stereo and turn it up or walk out and leave and find some other Dubsteppers to dance with lol

P.S. The award for the stupidest analogy goes to ME!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium