Unable to send Video with Whatsapp on lumia 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

double_zee

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so this weekend i realized i couldn't send a video on whats app on my 920, even though there is a video icon at the bottom, but when i press it nothing happens, and if i try the attach button it only lets me attach pictures. Is this on all WP8 or is a problem with my device?

Thanks in advance.

Zee

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This is probably more of a problem to do with the fact that currently Whatsapp is not optimized for WP8 (and probably hasn't been updated for it yet) rather than a problem exclusive to the L920.

I never used WP7 either so I'm not sure if the attach video function ever existed on Windows phones in general (for Whatsapp).

bjky

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
ya i'm having the same problem too -

- clicking the video button does nothing
- when trying to attach a file, the video file doesn't appear on the camera roll
- when trying to share the video, there's no option to share on whatsapp

rajatrajgaria

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
yes i am facing the same problem on my Lumia 710 . I can share my pictures but not videos ...This sucks as every other OS supports sharing of videos.
Microsoft and Nokia please fix it

austinlam

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
:unhappy: I can not send videos on my new lumia 920 through whatapp; Facebook; & some other app too at all. It is totally sucks and not good. As I used to have iPhone 4 & Samsung & Motorola which works ok for it. Very Disappointed with my 920 now.

austinlam

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I think Microsoft should work hard & closely with Whatsapp; Facebook & China WeChatt in order to make it work as soon as possible. otherwise no one would like to get Nokia smartphone. As 90% smartphone users will send videos thru the above app on daily life. This is the fact and I really hope that Nokia & Microsoft can catch up this video issue in order to grab the market.

Or Nokia can also provide Android OS soon ! problem will be solved instantly and grab the smartphone market !

I have the same problem too on my new L920. I really hope that Microsoft can have more APP being developed soon and works the same as Android & iOS. especially solving the video issue with WhatsApp & other like Facebook app also.

This is not good. Microsoft must solve this video issue , sending video is important for connecting people. especially for family members. Otherwise, there is no fun or useless for using window smartphone at all.

If Nokia smartphone want to be the top seller among the market, especially in Asian market, I can tell you that Microsoft need to let the developer able to access the video database. If not , people will not consider using window phone at all and will only pick Samsung or IPhone or any other Android sony or htc. & Motorola or Even New Blackberry 10 for sure.

When my friend , customer or relatives asking me to send some videos to them through Whatsapp, Facebook, WeChatt etc. I told them that sorry my new L920 is not able to send videos on the above. I feel so embarrassed as my new Nokia L920 is useless. But the phone is not cheap and it shocked all my friends. No one wants to buy such an expensive smartphone phone for not able to send video. What a joke !

I totally agree with you. not only Whatsapp, Facebook and WeChatt (China) too. video send no, no, no, no matter how good it takes but is useless as can not be shared. That's sucks.

Will try it again next week. Hopefully it will work, if not , I think that may have to wait till Window Blue being released later this year for improving the mobile OS.

It is. Not possible to attach previous video at all.

Same as before.

Still not possible to send the recorded video through whatapp ; Facebook etc. on lumia 920

Is time for Nokia to launch Android phone soon for catching up at least 3 times of its smartphone market share now.

If MS can not solve this issue now, it means Win phone will never be getting popular for sure. More and more people in the world from all ages will only go for Android or IOS. No more people would like to stick with such old style win phone then.

It is better for Nokia to have both Win & Android phone. More choices for Nokia users.

As Nokia is trying to turn around this year , if not succeed with WP this year. Nokia is running out of business for sure. I deeply believe that it is time for Nokia to launch Andriod soon for coming back, otherwise is too late for catching up. frankly , 98% of smartphone users in Asia , especially in China only like using Android. This is the fact and will continue. If ppl can afford , they will prefer
IPhone after Android. Especially Lower cost Samsung smartphone (android) is eating up the Indian market for the coming years.

If Nokia wants to survive for the coming years, is time to go for Android now ! Just like HTC or Samsung also provide WP .

Last edited by a moderator:

Przemyslaw Sikorski

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had similar problem with my Lumia 800. If you want to forward video you have got from someone else on watsapp the only think you can do is to press the message with the video until new widow pops up with two options, delete and forward. Chose forward and chose whoever from your list you want to send the video to

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so this weekend i realized i couldn't send a video on whats app on my 920, even though there is a video icon at the bottom, but when i press it nothing happens, and if i try the attach button it only lets me attach pictures. Is this on all WP8 or is a problem with my device?

Thanks in advance.

Zee

notagain.gif

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
This certainly needs fixing, it's not a feature I use regularly but it is something I would do on my iPhone every once in a while. Sadly with Portico out the way I doubt minor things like this will get resolved for many months, next best bet is Apollo+.

yourfriend4life

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
This is bull****, its February, & still no update for WhatsApp, I cant send videos on WhatsApp, come on why are they not listening ?
Portigo Update did not include the fixes, come on WhatsApp Developers, WAKE THE **** UP !

paddyt007

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an older windows phone I can record videos and send them from the whatsapp app but can't attach them. I found this thread whilst trying to find a solution.
Please fix it Nokia, WP, whatsapp anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb