Facebook notifications not working

iamjoshlee

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920. I do not get tile updates, toast notifications, lockscreen updates, or anything from the me hub. I have checked all the settings and they are all where they are supposed to be. Is there any way to fix this? Or at least another app that will get me some notifications?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The Me Tile will not give you toast notifications, nor do I believe it will give you lock screen updates (I could be wrong on the latter - this may have changed in WP8, but it certainly never would on WP7, though I've not messed with the lock screen on WP8 yet). If you want toast notifications for facebook, you're going to need to download the facebook app.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
If you go to outlook.com and login with the Microsoft account you use on your phone, then go to the upper right and click your name, select account settings. On the left menu now go to Permissions then Manage your accounts. You should see linked accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin if you have them. If Facebook is not there, you need to add it and give permission for them to be linked. If it is there, you may want to try and remove it and add it back again and then give it a little time to sync and see if that works. Hope that helps.

Note the above only addresses the Me tile and People hub notifications and updates, not lock screen or toasts as hopmedic mentioned, those are dependent on the Facebook app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo