Coming from the Thunderbolt

ccassity85

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
New to the WP community! I've been lurking the forums and reading up on great threads.

My upgrade just came up with Verizon and I currently have the HTC Thunderbolt. I'm not a fan of the iPhone (way too small even with the new screen size) and I have no ill feelings toward Android. It's allowed me to load ROMS onto the phone and mess with it more than I ever really wanted to.

I started researching WP8 and after watching tons of videos, reading lots of articles, and playing with the phone in store I'm definitely sold on it. I could care less about how big Microsoft's app store is currently (it will eventually build out). The only apps I ever use is Facebook, Pandora, Spotify, Gmail, and United's app. I know Spotify and Pandora are in development so i have no problem waiting for those. I have read that Xbox Music is really really good though so I can switch applications if it's better than Spotify or Pandora. Other than those apps all I really use my phone for is texting, e-mails, calls, browsing the web and that's about it.

From what I can tell the new WP8 is very slick, smooth, and effortless to move around in the UI. I'm a software developer where front-end development is a big part of what I do so I recognize a good interface when I see one! :smile:

My eye has been on the HTC 8x but I've been reading up on the Samsung WP8 coming out soon on Verizon. I have some concerns about the Samsung WP8 device if it's based off off the GS3 since I think it feels very "plastic" like and just not very crazy on how it looks.

Should I go ahead and pickup the 8x, wait for the Samsung WP8 device to come out, or even wait till MWC to see what's coming down the pipe? I don't HAVE to switch phones but the Thunderbolt is getting pretty old on me.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you are the type of person that would like WP. If you can get your hands on one of the Sammy devices I would probably recommend it over the 8X. I owned a Sammy Focus and it was a great phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720