- 11-26-2012, 09:05 PM #1
I requested a feature on the WP suggestions boards. I would like to have a proper night mode like the one some of you may know from the BlackBerry OS. I really liked that option.
Turn on night mode
- Turn on Night mode at... (specify time range, e.g. from 11 pm till 8 am on weekdays or from 1 am till 10 am on weekends)
- option to only turn into night mode when charging (so you can be sure that your night mode is only on when you are sleeping and your phone is charging. If you're out at night, it shouldnt turn into night mode)
- option to turn off certain connections in night mode (4g or Wifi or whatever)
- option to turn off certain sounds (ringtones for calls or messages or emails or all of them... so that you can sleep without being disturbed)
- option to whitelist certain contacts, so that they can call you even at night
- option to automatically dim the light of the screen when in night mode so you dont get dazzled when you put your phone next to your bed on a charging stand (like the nokia one)
- show a clock and maybe your alarm setting on the night mode screen (maybe choose the type of the clock, e.g. digital or classic clock)
Please vote for it here:
A proper bedtime mode
- 11-26-2012, 09:09 PM #2
Done, thanks for starting it. Probably the only app I miss in WP
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board ExpressThe SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820
- 11-27-2012, 09:41 AM #9
In order to get my phone on true silent every single night, I have to tap Settings, Ringtones, and then both Toggles. Then in the morning I have to do the reverse. This is one of the dumbest things about WP. Would like this feature very much.
11-27-2012, 09:51 AM #12
- 53 Posts
Nightstand Clock is a terrific app that lets you dim its display. But those dang buttons on the bottom stayed brightly lit all night, a real annoyance. My mickey-mouse solution is to keep a thick rubber band on my nightstand, which I slip around the base of the phone at night to cover those buttons. One of the few times I miss my BlackBerry.
- 11-27-2012, 09:56 AM #14
I miss WebOS.
- 11-27-2012, 10:01 AM #15
- 11-27-2012, 10:02 AM #16
This is where NFC could turn useful. We could just tap an NFC tag by our nightstand and switch to bedtime mode. Wake up tap it again and switch out of it. Not only that but you could have profiles for your car, work, and other places with NFC, but atm microsoft isn't letting NFC tags switch profiles.
- 11-27-2012, 09:58 PM #17Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 (unlocked)
- 11-28-2012, 12:26 AM #18
My smartphone history.
- 11-28-2012, 07:05 AM #20
- 07-19-2013, 05:55 PM #24
I just voted for this today. This really needs to happen. When I travel or when my wife works nights as a nurse, I am stuck between being unreachable for her in an emergency and having my phone go off with random e-mails all night long, which wakes me up needlessly. This is not hard to do at all and should be a no-brainer for microsoft.My smartphone history.
- By Darus214 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 11-26-2012, 10:47 PM
- By xd01 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 0Last Post: 08-20-2012, 04:24 PM
- By SteveSaywell in forum App SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 06-06-2012, 03:09 PM
- By ninjaap in forum WindowsCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 4Last Post: 05-16-2012, 12:35 PM
- By M80Steve in forum App SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 01-14-2012, 02:17 AM