Exchange email Sync Q?

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Morning,

got a Q, we are moving away from BB's and a good feature the BBs had was the option of deleting emails from the device without it deleting emails in my outlook and if i was to delete emails from my Outlook it would delete it from the BB.

The reason why this feature is important is because it's fairly easy to delete all emails from your device accidentally and you do not want this sync and delete all emails in Outlook.

Is there an option like this in WP8? If so how do i acitvate it?

thanks

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe that ActiveSync itself (the technology which non-BB phones use to sync Exchange mailboxes) allows for that. If you delete a message on the handheld, it's going to delete it in your Outlook (because... keep in mind that both Outlook and an ActiveSync device are essentially the same thing: a client which manages a mailbox on an Exchange server. Exchange doesn't really see a difference between the two.)

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, this is a fairly specific behavior to Blackberry, I haven't seen very many other implementations of activesync that support something similar.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Morning,

got a Q, we are moving away from BB's and a good feature the BBs had was the option of deleting emails from the device without it deleting emails in my outlook and if i was to delete emails from my Outlook it would delete it from the BB.

The reason why this feature is important is because it's fairly easy to delete all emails from your device accidentally and you do not want this sync and delete all emails in Outlook.

Is there an option like this in WP8? If so how do i acitvate it?

thanks

No, there is no option on wp8, but exchange 2010 should give you the option to prevent that - or at least keep a copy of email somewhere.

By the way, it's very difficult to delete all emails on windows phone....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3