- 11-27-2012, 04:39 AM #1
I've heard that in mid 2013 1080P will be the norm for most of the high end smartphones. So does WP 8 has the potential to support 1080P resolution? Do we expect the next high end Lumia line that will be announced in MWC in Feb 2013 to support 1080P?
- 11-27-2012, 05:40 AM #2
I'm sure Microsoft can support any resolution they chose. The question is whether they value 1080p.
1080p is great for the people who value statistics over everything else, but the effect on power consumption, battery life, etc, over the questionable gains means i'm sure Microsoft won't be in a rush to implement it.
- 11-27-2012, 06:38 AM #4
I might be wrong. But we happened to criticize what is the use of Retina display in 3.5 inch screen of iPhone. But if you compare iPad2 with iPad3 you can see the clear difference between the sharpness and overall display quality of iPad3 because it has retina display (higher PPI). So more the pixel density, better the display should be.
Lumia N920 is a great device. But in terms of space utilization, they wasted the space. In terms of physical dimension Lumia 920 has the same size as SGS3. But screen size smaller. They could have reduced those Windows control size and increased the scren size with more resolution (1600900 or 1680 X 1050)
Last edited by maverick786us; 11-27-2012 at 06:50 AM.
- By Xaphoon148 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 44Last Post: 09-20-2012, 02:07 PM
- By mangoose in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 5Last Post: 09-15-2012, 03:18 PM
- By cp2_4eva in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 07-27-2012, 03:25 PM
- By saintforlife in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 17Last Post: 04-16-2012, 10:55 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 11Last Post: 01-31-2012, 07:15 PM