WP8, Windows 8 Connector problems and skydrive sync only over wifi?

dkshao

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Apologies if this has already been posted.

1:

I just got myself a Lumia 920 today, its a nice phone, but am having a problem with the way the windows 8 wp8 sync app works with selecting media to sync and sync locations.

With zune on my wp7 Trophy, I was able to specify a single "parent" folder (i.e. Music or Photos etc) on any drive that I may have that folder on. this could be independent to the windows media library's.

With the WP8 app, I can select individual files from other drives, but not folder with all its sub folders, let alone specifying where to sync my files to (I don't like to use the standard windows pictures and music library folders).

2:
does anyone know if there is an option to syc photos that you take with your skydrive only over wifi connections?

randywintle

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure on #1.

However, on #2, if you go into the camera settings:

Settings->Applications->Photos+Camera

Under auto upload, select SkyDrive

choose Best Quality (needs Wi-Fi).

That will require wifi, and upload the full resolution picture.

dkshao

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I can follow all the way up to selecting skydrive, but I don't have any quality options. all I have is:

Don't upload
Upload (May use data plan)

completely stock lumia 920, have even factory reset it...

any ideas?

zoranb

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick note.
Full-scale upload via WiFi option is a country-specific (?!) feature, not available on all 920s. If anyone would know a single reason why this was decided, please let me know, as it makes absolutely NO-sense whatsoever!

More details here

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Full-scale upload via WiFi option is a country-specific (?!) feature, not available on all 920s. If anyone would know a single reason why this was decided, please let me know, as it makes absolutely NO-sense whatsoever!

More details here

It's something your carrier can chose to have enabled or disabled in their specific firmware. Generic (CV) firmware for all countries should all permit WiFi uploading. Please feel free to correct me if you know differently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs