Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By azdenn
  • 3 Post By LMKz
  • 1 Post By LMKz

Is anyone else having issues saving .GIF files to your phone? When I go to view it under albums, its just a still picture with no animation.

i've never even though to download a gif... that is indeed strange, i cant view them either if i save it. i've got the lumia 920.

now that i think about it though, i think that with windows picture viewer it also doesnt 'play' the gif, you always had to open it in IE or a browser, even though its not hosted on the internet.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NessyBoy87 View Post
    Is anyone else having issues saving .GIF files to your phone? When I go to view it under albums, its just a still picture with no animation.
    .gifs need to die and be buried with the 1990's...

seraphim19 likes this.

.GIFs are important to comedy on the internet and keeping me happy.

I do not know of a way for this but I hope it is added/fixed.

The picture app on Windows 8 (RT) plays gifs fine so I see no reason why it doesn't work on Windows Phone 8.

I wrote a free GIF viewer for WP8, store link here.

It's a real shame this isn't baked into the OS given how popular GIFs still are, and how simple the file format is.

I always checked once in a while for a GIF player, until I found yours! It actually works really well. Too bad you don't have a paid version (or a charity app), as I wouldn't mind giving a dollar for it. I am also surprised that GIF's are not supported, most young people use them along with memes for entertainment. As for saving GIF's WP never had an issue,at least not for me. I save them as I would any picture, with Save Image being clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by AUCLABruin View Post
    I always checked once in a while for a GIF player, until I found yours! It actually works really well. Too bad you don't have a paid version (or a charity app), as I wouldn't mind giving a dollar for it. I am also surprised that GIF's are not supported, most young people use them along with memes for entertainment. As for saving GIF's WP never had an issue,at least not for me. I save them as I would any picture, with Save Image being clicked.
    Thanks! Next version due out any day has a "donate" button for those feeling generous to us poor starving developers, so check for updates soon. Also fixes bug whereby playback is slower than it should be.

Cheers
    Ashish Saraf1 likes this.