People Search - can you disable Facebook contacts

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My wife has a Lumia 822 and doesn't like how the search in the people hub returns results from Facebook. This also happens when she goes to start a new text message. We have the filter setup in the people hub to show only the contacts from her Live account, so when she browses her people hub it only shows her contacts from her Live account. Anyone know how to disable Facebook contacts from search results without disabling Facebook all together?

ambroShuS

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully I understand what you are asking, if so the following should help.

1. go in to the "people hub"
2. at the bottom right move the 3 dots up and click "settings"
3. at the top of the page clickpress the "filter my contact list"
4. Check the "Windows Live" box and click the check mark at the bottom of the page

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully I understand what you are asking, if so the following should help.

1. go in to the "people hub"
2. at the bottom right move the 3 dots up and click "settings"
3. at the top of the page clickpress the "filter my contact list"
4. Check the "Windows Live" box and click the check mark at the bottom of the page

He's figured that part out, but that doesn't do anything for composing an email or sending a text message when you start typing a contact's name in the "to" field.

OP: I'm still on WP7, and unless they've changed it in WP8, I haven't found a way to do what you're wanting. I have my People hub only show gmail contacts, but when I compose a text or email and start typing a name, I have to really pay attention so I don't send it to the wrong person (a facebook friend). Do not like.

ambroShuS

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
wait, I get it now (I think). She goes in to the people hub to search for her contacts, when she presses the magnifying glass and searches from there ALL results come in, whether it be facebook, twitter or windows live? Tell her if she wants to just look for her non FB contacts that she simply just has to press the letter 'A' and a grid of letters will come up.

When sending a new text message, im not sure how to filter out the facebook friends but if I can remember correctly, when you sync your facebook account with the phone, their is an option to sync their phone numbers as well. (it's been awhile, can't remember) she can possibly un-sync the FB account and start from scratch. But this time if they ask her if she wants to add her facebook contacts to her phone she can say no. Maybe that'll work...

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
He's figured that part out, but that doesn't do anything for composing an email or sending a text message when you start typing a contact's name in the "to" field.

OP: I'm still on WP7, and unless they've changed it in WP8, I haven't found a way to do what you're wanting. I have my People hub only show gmail contacts, but when I compose a text or email and start typing a name, I have to really pay attention so I don't send it to the wrong person (a facebook friend). Do not like.

Team Obi Juan is correct. Hopefully my wife can get used to it or we may just disable the Facebook integration.

ambroShuS

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
when sending an email or text message it appears as though (for me at least) if you press the small "+" sign at the top right hand of the screen that only the contacts from my Windows Live account will appear. On the contrary, if you begin by simply typing the contacts name in the 'To:____" box (if you will) you'll be recommended a slew of names.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
wait, I get it now (I think). She goes in to the people hub to search for her contacts, when she presses the magnifying glass and searches from there ALL results come in, whether it be facebook, twitter or windows live? Tell her if she wants to just look for her non FB contacts that she simply just has to press the letter 'A' and a grid of letters will come up.

When sending a new text message, im not sure how to filter out the facebook friends but if I can remember correctly, when you sync your facebook account with the phone, their is an option to sync their phone numbers as well. (it's been awhile, can't remember) she can possibly un-sync the FB account and start from scratch. But this time if they ask her if she wants to add her facebook contacts to her phone she can say no. Maybe that'll work...

Thanks, but I've tried that. They still show up as long as she is logged into her Facebook account on her phone.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
when sending an email or text message it appears as though (for me at least) if you press the small "+" sign at the top right hand of the screen that only the contacts from my Windows Live account will appear. On the contrary, if you begin by simply typing the contacts name in the 'To:____" box (if you will) you'll be recommended a slew of names.

That's a good suggestion, I've never really tried just pressing the "+" button. That seems to help with both emails and text messages.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786