Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    For the past 2 days, every song from Xbox Music gives me a "media usage rights" error when trying to play it. When I try to play a song that wasn't downloaded through Xbox Music, I get a file playback error.

If I try to play a song from a file in my Skydrive, I get a playback error too.

I deleted my phone from my Xbox Music Device list tied to my account, and now the Xbox Music hub is configured as if I didn't have a music pass. I keep seeing advertisements to try the Music Pass free trial.

I've restarted my phone numerous times and nothing changes. I no longer have the option to download music from the store. And there is no way to manually sync Xbox Music accounts.

Has anyone had a problem like this before? I can't find any problems on Google that are similar to mine. I did absolutely nothing but charge my phone between the time music was last working to the time I started getting DRM issues.

2 Posts
    Did you change your password recently? I changed mine and Xbox music pass wouldn't work for me (I updated the info on synced accounts)

164 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Sync your phone to your PC while signed in and it will start working again. Had this happen a few times.