WP8 Playlists Creation

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this has been answered in another thread.

Is there a way to create playlists on the fly from a WP8 phone? I have an HTC 8X and have been syncing my phone with WMP in order to create playlists. This seems a bit archaic and I am often not near my computer and like to create different playlists from music I have resident on my phone.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

Is there a way to create playlists on the fly from a WP8 phone? I have an HTC 8X and have been syncing my phone with WMP in order to create playlists. This seems a bit archaic and I am often not near my computer and like to create different playlists from music I have resident on my phone.
yes, the question has been asked before - the only option you have is to save the Now Playing to you phone.

Doug Miller1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
so, you are telling me, i cannot pick a few of my thousand songs on my sc card, and create a favorite playlist1? playlist2? playlist3? etc... anyknow?? I cannot seam to figure out how to create a playlist of just a few songs on the wp8....????? help

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
so, you are telling me, i cannot pick a few of my thousand songs on my sc card, and create a favorite playlist1? playlist2? playlist3? etc... anyknow?? I cannot seam to figure out how to create a playlist of just a few songs on the wp8....????? help

You add the songs to "Now Playing" and then save "Now Playing" as a playlist. The part I don't know is... how do you start with an empty now playing.

Edit: looks like it'll clear out the now playing after awhile or you can use the stop the music app.

Doug Miller1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
You add the songs to "Now Playing" and then save "Now Playing" as a playlist. The part I don't know is... how do you start with an empty now playing.

Edit: looks like it'll clear out the now playing after awhile or you can use the stop the music app.

So how do you create multiple playlists, like "rock" "country" "workout",, etc....

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
yeah .. saving playlists is a big pain in the @@@ ... I really hope they add this to the new update coming this month .. i should be able to just long press on a song and in the pop up menu click add to playlist and then choose which playlist i want to add it to

runam0k

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
yeah .. saving playlists is a big pain in the @@@ ... I really hope they add this to the new update coming this month .. i should be able to just long press on a song and in the pop up menu click add to playlist and then choose which playlist i want to add it to
Agreed! Such a basic feature. Is there an update coming this month?

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

This is the only way I know how to do it.

1. Start the playlist that you want to add songs too, that way all the songs in your playlist are added to "now playing". You can allow the song(s) to play or you can pause them.
2. Then you can go to the song(s) you want to add to the playlist and hold do the select option to select multiple at a time or just hold down on the song you want and choose "add to now playing".
3. Then if you go back to the start are of the music app, you should see the song that is currently playing, click on it and it will open the "now playing'. From there click on the 3 dots in the bottom right corner and choose "save as playlist" and name it the same as the playlist in step 1.

Hope this helps a few people! I hope they update the app so that it's easier to add songs to an existing playlist.

I can't figure out how to delete songs from a playlist though. Anyone know how to do that?

Patpar

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Can't... you have to delete the playlist and start over by using "add to now playing" list... :(( ... the Playlist feature is half baked, can't drag and drop songs on Windows 8.0 Explorer either and using media player to add playlists is clunky and does not work with on phone playlists. Seems like everyone with a WP8 phone is struggling with this,.... needs an update and soon.

Mooshywooshy

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
You can add a single song to start with by going into the album and selecting the song you want to start with.
back out go into the history section, select the album cover again, it will now have the single song in the list, then you build the list from there... just dont mess up! lol

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
You can add a single song to start with by going into the album and selecting the song you want to start with.
back out go into the history section, select the album cover again, it will now have the single song in the list, then you build the list from there... just dont mess up! lol

This is, sadly, the way we manage our playlists. Microsoft will address this and other "simple" issues in future WP8 updates. The won't take long to show, I hope.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You can manage your playlists. Add to, delete song, set play order. You have to have a Win 7 or 8 PC and the MS desktop app installed on the PC.
Connect the phone to the PC, USB cable. In Windows Explorer go to the phone, music, playlist folder. Right click your playlist. Select properties, select the references tab. You can drag and drop songs into the window, set the play order, and delete songs.
You can only create a playlist on the phone. If you try to create one in windows explorer it will not show up on the phone. You can not rename a playlist
in windows explorer.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You can manage your playlists. Add to, delete song, set play order. You have to have a Win 7 or 8 PC and the MS desktop app installed on the PC.
Connect the phone to the PC, USB cable. In Windows Explorer go to the phone, music, playlist folder. Right click your playlist. Select properties, select the references tab. You can drag and drop songs into the window, set the play order, and delete songs.
You can only create a playlist on the phone. If you try to create one in windows explorer it will not show up on the phone. You can not rename a playlist
in windows explorer.

You can use Windows XP too ... and I do not have even MS desktop app installed ... I have created and edited multiple playlists on my Lumia 920 ... renaming is OK too, but it does not show the new playlists names in your music folder, but all playlists have a new edited names in your phone ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb