Ballmer: WP sales are four times higher now than they were a year ago

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the 8X is doing too badly. The 8X forum is pretty lively here. Obviously the Nokia is the flagship and is shifting more units but I think the 8X is doing alright.

Thats my unbiased view... oh wait a minute. No I'm totally biased. I have an 8X lol

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the 8X is doing too badly. The 8X forum is pretty lively here. Obviously the Nokia is the flagship and is shifting more units but I think the 8X is doing alright.

Thats my unbiased view... oh wait a minute. No I'm totally biased. I have an 8X lol

HTC dropped the ball big time on WP8. When it comes down to it, they didn't have stock on day one. Yes, a few trickled out, but compared to Nokia, they literally had nothing to show on day one. Nokia on the other hand had variety and quantity.

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Ask Verizon if they think HTC dropped the ball, as Verizon is the carrier pushing WP8 the hardest. I suspect that HTC is outselling Nokia in the US right now.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ask Verizon if they think HTC dropped the ball, as Verizon is the carrier pushing WP8 the hardest. I suspect that HTC is outselling Nokia in the US right now.

You really think the 8X is outselling the 920 in the US? I'm asking since I live in Canada but reading US mediums and all I see is 920 this and 920 that while the 8X is almost like an afterthought.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

They are pushing the 8X hard, but on go live they had next to zero available. Many of us here were positioned to get the 8X and what happened? We got blank stairs when the sales reps showed zero incoming 8X units for a week (**** we got blank stairs just mentioning WP8 in Verizon corporate stores in general); we opted for the 822 and haven't looked back. All around a better device.

The sales would have been better if HTC didn't drop the ball on supply. Nokia did a far better job, I don't think anyone can argue that.

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't matter which handset is selling most. What's important is that WP8 needs to keep selling. Looks like the Odyssey got pushed back till January. That means Nokia and HTC can reap the benefits of the holiday season if they can keep phones in stock and get the carriers to push them.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure we've all expressed our stances on HTC vs Nokia. Just wait for the numbers, I hardly doubt my prediction will be wrong but there's no point debating it at this stage.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
If either 8X or ATIV S outsells Lumia 920, I will be ecstatic.

There seems to be a solid demand for Lumia 920 and if any other WP8 device beats that... absolutely great. It will be amazing for the WP8 platform and in the end for Nokia as well.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its a bit different in the UK the 8X had a two week jump on the Lumia 920 and the 820 and 8S havent been released yet. When walking into shops and comparing stocks the 8X seems to be generally more available and as for the advertising theres always a full page 8X add in the free papers.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
One thing people keep forgetting is that the 920 is only on one carrier here in America, while HTC 8x is on three. As subjective as you all may be, the 8x is a very attractive phone and there are quite a bit of people that are glad they don't have to get a huge phone to get some decent specs. Not every needs nokia maps or 16 more GB of music. Not everyone care that the 920 has OIS and all the. The HTC is still a great phone. There are people who even chose the 8x over the 920 on ATT. So that's saying a bit. And that being said, the 8x outselling the 920 is not a far stretch simply because of the ATT exclusivity. And then again, people could still consider a lesser item like the 820/822.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The numbers being cited by Ballmer do not include U.S. sales. It will be interesting to see the official U.S numbers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99