Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so my Lumia 822 has 16 GB in it, and I'd only put 3 songs into it, and 2 podcast episodes. I'd gone in through explorer and deleted the songs, but they keep reappearing somehow, I just can't get rid of them..... But that's beside the point.

The podcasts have been listened to, and deleted, all through the XBox Music hub OTA.

Then last night, I got a 64GB card, and moved the pictures to the card from the camera, and set the camera to save to the card in the future.

I've been working on figuring out how to sync podcasts through iTunes, and just got the Windows Phone desktop beta application (I think I'm with Paul Thurrott on this - desktop programs are applications, Metro apps are apps, for clarity purposes) installed, and when I hook up the phone, it says that there are 1.91 GB of system, 3.35 GB of apps, 6.57 GB of "Other" and 3.01 GB free on the phone.

Where in the world is all my storage space at? What in the world is "Other" and how in the world could it be taking up more than my apps and system combined???
    Last edited by hopmedic; 11-28-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Yes, I know I should have put Storage in the title instead of Memory..... I wasn't thinking.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    14.84gb used by my math and your reporting. That sounds like its only reading your phone, and not the card. Double check that first :)
    I never really understood the OS wars - they're simply is no one perfect solution for all, just for you.

Did I help? don't forget to hit the Thanks and Like :)

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebaneeezor View Post
    14.84gb used by my math and your reporting. That sounds like its only reading your phone, and not the card. Double check that first :)
    The card is working fine. The app reports the card and the phone separately, not together, and I only listed the phone's storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Loiselle View Post
    The card's working fine, I've already done this. I'm already storing pictures and have set it to put the new music on the card. I just want to know where the "Other" 6.57 GB came from. But while typing this post, a thought came to me. I'd downloaded three Nokia Music mixes. So I deleted them. Well, my app space used went from 3.35 GB to 3.25, so apparently Nokia Music Mixes are roughly 33MB each, and are stored in space that is considered "apps". But that doesn't help with the mystery of what is this "Other" stuff....
    - Rich

Global Posts
    1,744 Global Posts
    Did you download any local maps?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    Did you download any local maps?
    There's 2.5 gig worth.... but given the experience with the Nokia Music, I would expect that is part of the 3.25 (now) GB of apps.
    - Rich