What is Eating My Phone??? (The Memory, That is)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so my Lumia 822 has 16 GB in it, and I'd only put 3 songs into it, and 2 podcast episodes. I'd gone in through explorer and deleted the songs, but they keep reappearing somehow, I just can't get rid of them..... But that's beside the point.

The podcasts have been listened to, and deleted, all through the XBox Music hub OTA.

Then last night, I got a 64GB card, and moved the pictures to the card from the camera, and set the camera to save to the card in the future.

I've been working on figuring out how to sync podcasts through iTunes, and just got the Windows Phone desktop beta application (I think I'm with Paul Thurrott on this - desktop programs are applications, Metro apps are apps, for clarity purposes) installed, and when I hook up the phone, it says that there are 1.91 GB of system, 3.35 GB of apps, 6.57 GB of "Other" and 3.01 GB free on the phone.

Where in the world is all my storage space at? What in the world is "Other" and how in the world could it be taking up more than my apps and system combined???

Last edited:

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
14.84gb used by my math and your reporting. That sounds like its only reading your phone, and not the card. Double check that first :)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
14.84gb used by my math and your reporting. That sounds like its only reading your phone, and not the card. Double check that first :)

The card is working fine. The app reports the card and the phone separately, not together, and I only listed the phone's storage.

The card's working fine, I've already done this. I'm already storing pictures and have set it to put the new music on the card. I just want to know where the "Other" 6.57 GB came from. But while typing this post, a thought came to me. I'd downloaded three Nokia Music mixes. So I deleted them. Well, my app space used went from 3.35 GB to 3.25, so apparently Nokia Music Mixes are roughly 33MB each, and are stored in space that is considered "apps". But that doesn't help with the mystery of what is this "Other" stuff....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs