I just played some music with Beats on headphones with 8X for the first time.

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Very good sound quality... wow. I thought i'd be disappointed with the 8x over the 920, but after my 3rd day with it, it's proving not to be the case.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I just experienced the exact same thing! Its quite impressive! I used to keep my volume at 30 or 100... Whatever the max was for that device! With the 8x it hurts to go past 20, and even if I do, it remains crystal clear!

reptile83

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Can you guys explain to me how the beats works on this phone? It only turns on if I plug something into the headphone jack. So basically the speaker that's built into the phone is not a beats speaker right? I'm just confused about it, I thought I would be able to play music through the built in speaker with beats.

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Nope, it only activates the amp when pluged into a headphone jack, doesn't work on Bluetooth either.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So it seems the general consensus is that the htc 8x is far superior sound quality for people who use their WP's to listen to music more than anything else (ME). Love the 920 and the 32gb and wireless charging, but the more comfortable form factor of the htc 8x and beats amps seem to be a more deciding factor despite the 16gb (I got by with my NL 900 fine thus far).

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Beats has never been about sound quality. I doubt the software switch on the 8X does much more than pumping the bass through preset equalisation, and Nokia offers a equaliser for you to fiddle around with yourself. The 8X amp is nice, and could probably help with pushing certain headphones which really benefit from an amp, but that's it. Not "Beats" related.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had a 920 and traded it for the 8X, more for form factor reasons, but I did compare the sound quality and under normal conditions they are about the same. I did fiddle around with the audio settings on the 920 a bit. The real benefit of the beats is it's a pretty good amplifier, you do not need to turn the volume up nearly as high and you can get very loud music out without distortion. The amp is part of the "Beats" at least on this device. It's a shame it doesn't work over bluetooth but I understand why it doesn't.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Exactly how are hardware amplifiers for the grounded headphone hack and for the speaker supposed to help with Bluetooth?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Exactly how are hardware amplifiers for the grounded headphone hack and for the speaker supposed to help with Bluetooth?

fzhVq.jpg

WP95

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone compared normal headphones to beats headphones on the 8x. I'm looking for a good pair of headphones and if there's a big difference with some beats headphones to a normal pair, it may affect my decision.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone compared normal headphones to beats headphones on the 8x. I'm looking for a good pair of headphones and if there's a big difference with some beats headphones to a normal pair, it may affect my decision.

i've tried a few headphones. It sounds great on all of them! The Beats take the cake though because instead of listening to the song, you actually feel like you are within the song. Hard to explain but i really enjoy my experience with my 8x and Solo HD.

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about just how good it is too. I own some Beats Studios and I love them but they are way overrated. But It's be nice to have some bass amplification from the device when using standard headsets, especially since headphones themselves are what are used to critique music and never the devices the music is being played on until these HTC phones came along.

anon(730643)

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The phone doesn't perform any better with any brand of headphones you plug in, it treats them all the same. Just read reviews on which pair of cans sound best.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried ge 8x and 920 and 900 side by side im the Microsoft store using a pair of beats headphones in the store. I played the exact sam song on then at volume 15 and kept switching back and forth.

Conclusion: beats does not effect sound quality but is a good amplifier in that the volume was very noticeably louder. This will only matter it bothers you to use a phone towards the top of te "30". The lumia didn't have distortion at top volumes so to me this is a non issue. Im getting 920, the amplifier and form factor of the 8x aren't enough to overcome the camera, storage, and wireless charging for same to more money.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3