Hello,

I've heard that there are issues in WP8 with regards to downloading (respectively that you can't download stuff like in Android ).

Am I wrong? If not, is there the possibility to download stuff from the internet via Nokia Xpress Browser?
    11-29-2012 05:13 AM
    what are you trying to download? i download pics and I believe in the past I downloaded audio files. pics gets saved to the pics area. if you download documents then you might want to check the Office app.
    11-29-2012 07:46 AM
    Hello,

I've heard that there are issues in WP8 with regards to downloading (respectively that you can't download stuff like in Android ).

Am I wrong? If not, is there the possibility to download stuff from the internet via Nokia Xpress Browser?

I have to agree with you. We basically cant download anything MS hasnt specifically allowed us to. Docs, pdfs, some audio, pics. That is about it. Another thing I miss from Android is the ability to download and store any type of file I wanted onto my phone. With WP, we cant even download email attachments except pics/music/docs. You cant download much from the internet or email, and you cant store anything specifically in a folder using your phone.

Smart phones should be more than just a phone/browser/app collector/music and image device. We really should be able to have a little more access and ability. MS, while I like their OS mostly, tends to treat us users like children. "We cant give you the ability to mistakenly download a virus..." seems to be their approach. Why not let us make that decision. Some of us are pretty competent and able to download anything and steer clear of viruses. I havent had a virus in a couple years on my PCs. Not because of Virus protectors, because I know what Im doing and dont download anything that I dont know what it is.
    11-29-2012 08:42 AM
    I have to agree with you. We basically cant download anything MS hasnt specifically allowed us to. Docs, pdfs, some audio, pics. That is about it. Another thing I miss from Android is the ability to download and store any type of file I wanted onto my phone. With WP, we cant even download email attachments except pics/music/docs. You cant download much from the internet or email, and you cant store anything specifically in a folder using your phone.
    You can download many things, saving it to the phone is the problem. Like from an e-mail attachment....annoys the crap out of me!!!
    11-29-2012 08:46 AM
    Along the topic of downloading things to the phone, I downloaded a PDF doc from SkyDrive. But it's not in office (bc PDF is not supported). I can't find it! Is there a 'downloads' section/folder in WP8?
    11-30-2012 12:28 AM
    When you open PDF Reader, it shows "My Library" which has all of your saved PDF's.
    11-30-2012 06:22 AM
    Where can I locate this PDF reader, rider2040? Thanks by the way:)
    11-30-2012 11:49 PM
    Where can I locate this PDF reader, rider2040? Thanks by the way:)
    There is a free app called PDF Reader. You can download it from the store.
    12-01-2012 09:29 AM

Smart phones should be more than just a phone/browser/app collector/music and image device. We really should be able to have a little more access and ability. MS, while I like their OS mostly, tends to treat us users like children. "We cant give you the ability to mistakenly download a virus..." seems to be their approach. Why not let us make that decision. Some of us are pretty competent and able to download anything and steer clear of viruses. I havent had a virus in a couple years on my PCs. Not because of Virus protectors, because I know what Im doing and dont download anything that I dont know what it is.
    Buy an Android phone.
    12-01-2012 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD