Download ability?

Deformat

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've heard that there are issues in WP8 with regards to downloading (respectively that you can't download stuff like in Android ).

Am I wrong? If not, is there the possibility to download stuff from the internet via Nokia Xpress Browser?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
what are you trying to download? i download pics and I believe in the past I downloaded audio files. pics gets saved to the pics area. if you download documents then you might want to check the Office app.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I've heard that there are issues in WP8 with regards to downloading (respectively that you can't download stuff like in Android ).

Am I wrong? If not, is there the possibility to download stuff from the internet via Nokia Xpress Browser?

I have to agree with you. We basically cant download anything MS hasnt specifically allowed us to. Docs, pdfs, some audio, pics. That is about it. Another thing I miss from Android is the ability to download and store any type of file I wanted onto my phone. With WP, we cant even download email attachments except pics/music/docs. You cant download much from the internet or email, and you cant store anything specifically in a folder using your phone.

Smart phones should be more than just a phone/browser/app collector/music and image device. We really should be able to have a little more access and ability. MS, while I like their OS mostly, tends to treat us users like children. "We cant give you the ability to mistakenly download a virus..." seems to be their approach. Why not let us make that decision. Some of us are pretty competent and able to download anything and steer clear of viruses. I havent had a virus in a couple years on my PCs. Not because of Virus protectors, because I know what Im doing and dont download anything that I dont know what it is.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with you. We basically cant download anything MS hasnt specifically allowed us to. Docs, pdfs, some audio, pics. That is about it. Another thing I miss from Android is the ability to download and store any type of file I wanted onto my phone. With WP, we cant even download email attachments except pics/music/docs. You cant download much from the internet or email, and you cant store anything specifically in a folder using your phone.

You can download many things, saving it to the phone is the problem. Like from an e-mail attachment....annoys the crap out of me!!!

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Along the topic of downloading things to the phone, I downloaded a PDF doc from SkyDrive. But it's not in office (bc PDF is not supported). I can't find it! Is there a 'downloads' section/folder in WP8?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Smart phones should be more than just a phone/browser/app collector/music and image device. We really should be able to have a little more access and ability. MS, while I like their OS mostly, tends to treat us users like children. "We cant give you the ability to mistakenly download a virus..." seems to be their approach. Why not let us make that decision. Some of us are pretty competent and able to download anything and steer clear of viruses. I havent had a virus in a couple years on my PCs. Not because of Virus protectors, because I know what Im doing and dont download anything that I dont know what it is.

Buy an Android phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss