Wi-fi Cisco authentication

AngeloUCF

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 920. When on wifi at work, whenever the connection drops (screen turns off or I do it manually) I have to log back into the Cisco interface in the browser and enter my username and password. Anyone know a workaround for this? Never happened with any other phones incl. HTC Arrive that I had. They would always remember the credentials and log in automatically.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you're logging into the correct wireless network? We have a similar set up here at my work, but that screen is only when someone needs to login to the "Guest" wifi SSID. The "Normal" SSID simply requires my AD username/password.

EDIT: I also seem to recall reading that the WiFi in WP8 actually "Turns off" when the screen locks, which is supposed to be corrected in the future (if I'm wrong, someone please correct me), so if your WiFi network does indeed require that you authenticate through the web browser at least once, this may be a constant issue for you until it is fixed.

Last edited:

AngeloUCF

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, its' the correct network. On my iphone I would turn wifi on and off regularly throughout the day and I wouldn't have to re-login. Same with every phone I've had. I'm not sure if the stay connected fix will help, since I would still want to toggle wifi a lot during the day.

tibere86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue with Xfinity hotspots. I have a ticket open with them. I never had to re-input my login credentials after inputting them the first time on my iOS or Android devices.

BiggishTuba558

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with a netbook which needs the authentication via browser. I have to insert the password every time that my Lumia finds the network because it tells my intervention is required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss