Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

I can't send ANY picture messages from my new 822. Any suggestions? Doesn't matter if wifi is on or not

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Have you tried toggling airplane mode off then on or rebooting to reset the data connection?

Quote Originally Posted by jodi1813 View Post
    I can't send ANY picture messages from my new 822. Any suggestions? Doesn't matter if wifi is on or not
    Restart it. You'll only have to do this once.

Airplane mode toggle worked for me today

We had four Lumia 920s sitting in the Living Room with 4-5 Bars of AT&T in my house (tower is less than half mile away, great signal/service). Two were sending MMS fine, two were not. One worked after switching Wi-Fi off. Rebooted both and they are now fine.

As a side note, the two that were having issues are my two kids that had turned Battery Saving to always on. In another thread I noticed someone saying that Battery Saving is affecting their Wi-Fi switching and forcing cellular. This might be an edge case bug with some combination of data selection. MMS DOES require a cellular data connection and service, unlike SMS which doesn't. This would also support why turning off Wi-Fi works for some scenarios.
    New Technology World
    Smart Potato: Acces Media Center from your phone
    Talk2Me: Push to Talk, WP7 Walke Talkie

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Tmo told me to MMS a picture to myself to reset the connection to the service...which somehow actually worked.
    I just tried the send photo to myself and it did not work either.
    I have the LG Squantum C900.
    I have tried many suggestions on several boards, and also tried with my provider, consumer cellular.
    Now luck.
    I like the phone but sending mms is important.
    Why have a camera if I can't sent photos.
    A. L.
    I tried this too and no luck

So I think I figured out a solution.

I bought a Nokia Lumia 925 on release date for both my brother and myself. Before testing out the texting features I had been playing with all the setting because the Windows Phone 8 OS was just so brand new and cool to me. After a while, I did try to send my brother a picture message but it could not send it at all. I was looking everywhere and then I noticed on my Phone Live Tile it said WiFi Calling. Turned off my WiFi Calling and was able to send the message. I then asked my brother if he was able to send picture messages with WiFi Calling on, he could. I couldn't figure out what the problem was.

But just a few minutes ago I was trying it again and it did not work with my WiFi Calling (WiFi Preferred) on. So I went back into my settings to see if I could play with something that might help it. That's when I found at lease what worked out for me.

Under the Mobile Network setting, at the bottom of the screen is a tab for "For limited WiFi Connectivity." I had previously had it set to "don't use mobile data," this morning though, I changed it to "use mobile data" and tested it by sending a picture to my brother. And it worked. For whatever reason, I suppose you are supposed to tell the phone to go through mobile data when the WIFi is not good enough.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12