Please vote for this! Need text message privacy!

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what the big deal, unless you're hiding something from a significant other.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

pieman666

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If you are at work it's not always desirable for them to know that your daughter has forgotten her PE kit, or that your wife loves you, or that your bank balance is -?3000...

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If you are at work it's not always desirable for them to know that your daughter has forgotten her PE kit, or that your wife loves you, or that your bank balance is -?3000...

Very true. Every other app asks whether you want toast notifications or not. Why not text messaging??? There have only been a few instances where I wish I could have been able to turn of it. A couple of those times was with my boss sitting at my desk.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Its not quite the same, but you can if necessary suppress each notification by swiping across it left to right.

Not a perfect solution I know but it might help in some cases.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. I don't know why the first conclusion people reach is that one is trying to hide a love affair from another person. There was another thread about this and that was one of the first comments. Silly, if you ask me.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
It's really hard for someone to read my phone while its in my front pocket.
Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My opinion is that I could care less if someone reads the first 5 words of a text I receive.

But I know some people do and this should definitely be made an option

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hiding something from a significant other was the first thing that came to my mind lol I keep mine either in my pocket or at my desk, so I guess I just handle my phone differently than some. Not attacking anyone, this seems a bit silly to me. I'd rather at least have the option to enable/disable this feature since I don't mind notifications and texts being visible.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Now that I think about it, when I was showing off my new phone to my friend, his girlfriend sent me a winky face kind of text...

It was a very awkward situation but it actually happens to me quite frequently. :|

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The first thing that pops into my mind as I read this thread is, "what are y'all doing that people in your office see a text message as soon as you get it?" On top of that, if I got a text and I saw someone trying to cop a quick peek, I'd punch 'em.

Ok, I really wouldn't punch 'em, but they'd definitely get a stern "WTF!?" glare. :D

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I wish I could turn it off. I usually have my phone out on my desk at work because I'm either charging it or listening to music and people are always coming up to my cube to ask me things. Whether the screen is locked or not it shows the toast notification from my wife saying something silly, which I may or may not get made fun of later for...

It's really quite amazing there is no way to turn it off.

Loonytik

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you're trying to hide a love affair, I just think you don't want your colleagues seeing those XXX-rated messages you're sending to your honey! :grincry:

WOAHesco

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
or... you guys could just turn your phone over... so everyone can look at the pretty camera you have rather than your, apparently, super private texts.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I was thinking alone that line too. Face your phone down, or put your phone into Flight mode.

And no, I definitely wasn't thinking of an affair :|

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3