Quick scroll up

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to scroll quickly to the top of a list? Like say I'm going through my Twitter feed and I just want to immediately scroll to the top, like how you press "T" on a Blackberry device, or "Home" on Windows?

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Clicking "Refresh" in many apps seems to not only refresh the current view, but returns you to the top of the window.

Does Twitter have a "Refresh" button? I haven't loaded it yet...

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it does. Also, in the people hub, as I'm scrolling down under the "what's new" section, there's no way to instantly go back to the top, I have to swipe all the way up, kind of a hassle but it would be nice if there was a work around.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
There is a work-around, just click "Refresh". It will take you all the way to the top of the screen and will refresh the current data. Not as elegant as the iOS quick-return to the top of the screen, but optimistically, it is more functional. :wink:

PDADoctor

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
That has to be the worst possible way I've seen yet. Yes, it works, but does Windows Phone 8 have to be the only OS that hasn't taken this into account?

It's fine if the document is relatively small, but I've had 100-page word docs and 150-slide presentations I've tried to work with, and it gets real unwieldy fast!

I'm not optimistic, but I hope an update might address this someday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans